• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Good Sunday Mornin.' I'm off to do the chores again. As we stockmen well understand, the livestock need fed every day, even Sunday. The water needs opened up every day. I suppose if I didn't go out today that everything would survive until Monday. We aren't about surviving; we want our stock to thrive. We want vigorous calves, and cows that will milk well and breed back. Its not survive we are after, its thrive! So it is with our walk with the Lord. If we want to thrive, spiritually, it is a daily feeding of our spirit. Summer, winter, spring and fall, day after day we must give attention to the word of God, and to prayer. Sure, if I miss a day or two here and there, I will still be a Christian, and I won't die; I'll survive. But again, is it "survival" I'm after? Do I want a vigorous relationship with the Savior? Daily devotions are important; every single day. Have a good Sunday mornin' and a great rest of the week, too.

I don't know how you do it Shortgrass.

My Dad is laying in palliative waiting for the end. He was diagnosed last Monday with a bowel blockage and a perforation. At 96 he didn't want the surgery and the surgeon didn't want to do it. He was given 12 to 24 hours and now 7 days later we are with him day and night. We have rough weather passing though and he wanted to make sure that I was at home to look after the cattle if it stormed. Tam and my sister or daughter have been staying the night and he was happy when I told him I was going home so I would be there in the morning or chores.

BMR. ,my thoughts and prayers for your father and you, your family and friends at this hard time. No matter how much we know it is time, there is never a 'good' time to lose anyone, even the 'oldest generation' of our family and friends.

May he (and all his family and friends) be blessed with an easy passage for him into that precious "better place"! And also that the medical folks are able to keep him comfortable so that you, his family and friends can keep the memories of the good times you have shared spreading across that circle.

We have been blessed with many years since we went through losing our 'older generation' of family, and there are good memories of that time which is bittersweet, with many good memories along with the sadness of them leaving us. We basically have the job of keeping the memories of their life and times alive for the younger generations of the family. It is probably time for us to begin preparing those younger generations for the fact that our time on this earth has to be getting shorter, since we are close to, or in our 80's.

mrj

Thanks, Shortgrass, for another wonderful message. Big Muddy, it has been a pleasure getting to meet your father. We realize what he and your family are going through, because it was not all that long ago when my dad was in the hospital for about a week before he passed away. Your dad, you, and all of your family will be lifted up in our prayers.

BMR - you and yours are certainly in our thoughts and prayers. As SG pointed out fatherhood done right in all the best senses of the word is a pretty precious gift and I know your father would be rightfully proud. (heavenly and earthly). Thoughts and Prayers.

Sorry about your dad, Big Muddy. Some really great posts here. Certainly some well written wisdom from mrj.

We've been gone, BMR and I'm just catching up here.
I sent you a PM, not knowing how your father was doing. It was a pleasure to meet him, when he was not a young
man, but still very active.
Prayers for comfort for you all through this hardest of times.

Latest posts