• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Been a rough week for many ranchers. Blizzards, floods, tornado's, dead livestock, on the heels of fires, drought and other natural disasters. How do people deal with life apart from a faith in God? I am confident God loves me, cares for me and is able to deliver me through anything He brings into my life. I know that because I have accepted Jesus as my savior that the storms of life will not cease and struggles will still be very present. Does it sound odd, that there is an inner joy and satisfaction seeing the mighty had of God working to bring us through these catastrophic events? Be sure , that if life's meaning is to be found in money, houses, cattle, or other perishables that life will sooner or later come to naught. Life's meaning is in this only: fear God and keep His commandments - Eccl 12:13. It really is satisfying to see the power of God in these times; watch for it this week because He is working. Have a good Sunday mornin'!

Sure glad to hear from you Shortgrass, I was wondering how you guys were making out.
Haven't heard from Soap lately so hope they are managing OK.

That was a bad one.
Prayers for all you guys.
Have a great Sunday morning.

Ah, we are ok. A little wind damage, and 1 dead calf. Some of the neighbors have some heavier losses. One fella about 10 mi away went out to start the generator, got lost, and perished.

So sorry about your neighbor, Shortgrass. I prayed we only lost calves, which we did. We can make more next year...

So sorry about your neighbor. Prayers for the family.

I think Soapweed fared pretty well, he had great help. He has been posting some pictures on facebook.
They didn't get all that water that was so devastating. I read 60,000 NE residents have been evacuated and
not a peep on national media, that I know of.

As "they" say, "There aren't any atheists in the foxholes." It's been a long hard cold calving season, with a genuine (not Dairy Queen) blizzard for dessert. It looks a bit like a war zone around here, with calves as casualties, but our hardships are quite insignificant compared to the flooding that is going on in eastern Nebraska. The Good Lord always sees us through, in bad times and in good times. This too shall pass. God is our comforter.

Latest posts