• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good to be back!!!!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I believe I have had enough frijoles tortillas and dust to last me a month,looks like we got a lil rain while I was gone,and if emily hits the TX coast might get some good rain,Lord knows we need it.............good luck

Jessie said:
Get everything done ? Nice looking bull by the way.

Can't say I got every thing done Jessie,but I got a lot of it ,how's the weather your way?...........good luck

Well a lot is better then none :) Were you working some land of yours in the south was it?

It hasn't rained here for a day or two. Mosquitos the size of moths. Got some bats flying around doing their part. Smudges for the horses and cattle that are in the pasture close to home at least. I sure do feel for the animals when it comes to heat and bugs. But all in all can't complain to much as I see it is worse in other places.
Husband still not getting much done as far as field work goes yet. Still alot of water.

Jessie said:
Well a lot is better then none :) Were you working some land of yours in the south was it?
It hasn't rained here for a day or two. Mosquitos the size of moths. Got some bats flying around doing their part. Smudges for the horses and cattle that are in the pasture close to home at least. I sure do feel for the animals when it comes to heat and bugs. But all in all can't complain to much as I see it is worse in other places.
Husband still not getting much done as far as field work goes yet. Still alot of water.

Yup,got a few head of cattle in south TX and me and my brother take turns tending em.Your sure right about the bugs and bats ,we have what is called "the bat tunnel"about 7 miles from here and its a sight to see when they fly out in the evenings,must be thousands of em in there...............good luck

Didnt realize you were THAT close to Fredericksburg... we usually make a trip thru there a couple times a year on our way to west texas. Sometimes stop over n spend the night..do a lil sidewalk shoppin in town.
Was readin about the tunnel it says up to 3 millions bats live in it. never been to see that one..but have been to carlsbad nm several times.

reader (the Second) said:
HAY MAKER said:

Yup,got a few head of cattle in south TX and me and my brother take turns tending em.Your sure right about the bugs and bats ,we have what is called "the bat tunnel"about 7 miles from here and its a sight to see when they fly out in the evenings,must be thousands of em in there...............good luck

The kids and I made a pilgrimage to Austin in 2004 after my husband passed away. We stayed at a hotel on Town Lake and the bats that come out OUT IN DOWNTOWN AUSTIN are amazing. Ugh.

Guano (bat manure) is what all the old folks used to use for fertilizer around here. I understood it was mined out of old caves somewhere.
Some of them still refer to fertilizer as "Guano".

Latest posts