• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Google Earth

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kosmo1

Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum ever used satellite imagery to determine surveying for fence line length, acres/pasture, etc?

I broke out the plat maps to determine a few of these questions and I was contemplating an easier method. I am not sure any of these features can be ascertained by the basic google earth package but maybe by the google earth pro?

Thanks in advance

I have used my hand held GPS to measure fields by using the "Calculate area" function. My daughter sat at the kitchen table with her I phone and came up with a very close estimate.

If you have a smart phone or tablet, try Arcgis or Field Area Measure. Both are free and wI'll get you that info

Google earth will do it. I highly recommend the Google Earth ranch mapping course that is done online by Land EKG. I think it cost me about $100 when I took it, but worth every penny and then some. You can measure fencelines, acreage, track production, cattle flow, tag monitoring photos, etc. all on the free google earth and using a few free add ons.

The ACME PLANIMETER works great, just plotted a hayfield that I lease. Now I know how much weedkiller I need to mix and fertilizer to purchase without guessing.

Latest posts