• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GOP blow healthcare defeat

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RobertMac

Reaction score
Republicans again show their ineptitude in the legislative process by voting for the Stupak amendment. The correct vote was to vote against Stupak's amendment that eliminated funding for abortion. This would have left the funding in the bill and forced the Blue Dogs to vote against the bill and defeating the government take over of healthcare.

I find it hard to criticize politicians for doing the right thing.. and I agree with the amendment... but the final bill is not written. and according to some it will get stripped out.. which will annoy the moderate pro life democrats.. who may then vote against the final bill with the republicans.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the Democrats' chief deputy whip in the House, said that she and other pro-abortion rights lawmakers would work to strip the amendment included in the House health bill that bars federal funding from subsidizing abortions.

"I am confident that when it comes back from the conference committee that that language won't be there, And I think we're all going to be working very hard, particularly the pro-choice members, to make sure that's the case."

Exactly my point, the pro-life Congressmen only made the appearance of doing the right thing...the bill after conference(if it gets there) will have everything the Dems want in it. The right thing was to block the bill before it gets going because the farther along it goes, the harder it will be to defeat it. If passed, the bill will bankrupt the country!

Latest posts