• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Got a little breezy here last Saturday night.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
We measured a 108 mph wind Saturday night and have heard some people had 125. We've been out of power from lines being down all over the valley. The crews worked hard around the clock and we got our power back on last night.

Here's a couple articles if anyones interested in reading about it.
http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_19344771

http://www.wetmountaintribune.com/home.asp

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_31782.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

a 3X3 bale on the other side of the road from the stack and it didn't go through the fence.
IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Use to be a nice horse barn
IMG_31802.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

What a mess. You'll be a long time getting things back in good repair. Sorry for your loss, I guess the wind didn't blow here. 50 mph ain't worth mentioning!

OMG!!!!!!!!! Yea I feel really bad for your loss and a whole new set of problems to deal with. Good Luck.

I've heard some pretty amazing stories from neighbors and so on.

One neighbor said he had a steel bathtub in his yard Sunday morning. He said it didn't go threw his yard fence so it had to of flown in.

The county road and bridge was demoing a new dozier. It was at the gravel pit and ended up with all its windows broke out and had all the paint on one side sandblasted off.

I called a friend of mine that is a Amish man that used to work for us and he didn't even notice we lost electricity. However he may have been in worse shape than any of us......his outhouse blew over. :D

my gosh, what a mess, i guess the only way it could be worse is if it came with a foot of snow. this will test the strength of the community for sure. best of luck in the clean-up and dealing with insurance company's

Hey Ned!!

How did your hay barns fare? I noticed they are both turned at an angle to the road, does that have to do with the prevailing winds or something else?

Hope all is well with you and your family.

bart. †

bverellen said:
Hey Ned!!

How did your hay barns fare? I noticed they are both turned at an angle to the road, does that have to do with the prevailing winds or something else?

bart. †

We actually came out of it pretty well. None of the pictures are of our damage. Our barns are just fine and we did build them at that angle for the winds. The horse barn that a neighbor lost was open to the west and that just won't work around here.

I unhooked my 20 foot Wilson trailer the day before this wind. I was sure glad to see it was still here the next morning. It did slide back about 6 feet.

A man from Louisiana said when they have winds like we had they name it. :D I kinda like the name Mariah.

They say we're in for 80 mph + winds again tomorrow night. I hope they're wrong this time.

Ned Jr. said:
bverellen said:
Hey Ned!!

bart. †

A man from Louisiana said when they have winds like we had they name it. :D I kinda like the name Mariah.

They say we're in for 80 mph + winds again tomorrow night. I hope they're wrong this time.

Hurricane force winds for sure. Some of the more memorable ones here were Andrew, Katrina and Wilma. Good luck to you tonight.....

bart. †

Latest posts