• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Got my boys an early Christmas gift

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
On Saturday, Pieper Red Angus held their fall sale. In it were 4 kid horses, some call them pony's, I have always called them shetlins. Anyway, I got a y year old 39 inch gelding for my boys. Should be exciting and fun when they find out, I think I am more excited than anyone. His name is Spanky. Now I just need to figure out how to get him to the ranch. I learned how to ride on one named Lady. Brings back some good memories.

We learned on one named Sugarfoot, I remember her to this day, pinto (paint now days) colored with a real good disposition.

I am sure your boys will be thrilled.

We might be able to help get the critter up your way, but it will be a couple weeks. You should also have the birthday present headed your way.

Little005.jpg

a comparison shot

Little006.jpg

But they aren't the smallest.

Little010.jpg

LazyWP said:
We might be able to help get the critter up your way, but it will be a couple weeks. You should also have the birthday present headed your way.

Little005.jpg

a comparison shot

Little006.jpg

But they aren't the smallest.

Little010.jpg

Those look awesome! He will love them. He is really jealous that his brother already has a pair (from you guys). I have an idea they will be his new jammies :)

My Shetland taught me many a life lesson as a young lad that serve me well to this day. :wink:

Faster horses said:
Silver said:
My Shetland taught me many a life lesson as a young lad that serve me well to this day. :wink:

Let me guess...Grit, Guts and Determination... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That pretty well sums it up FH. I suppose you could call it a "character building experience" :lol:

Nonetheless, I still recall how excited and proud I was the day Stumpy showed up, I was living every young cowboys dream by having my own horse. I'm guessing there's going to be some pretty excited boys at BRG's house.

Let the character building begin! :D

flyingS said:
How soon do you need him. Maybe I could bring him and come up to the place and look around.

I am not in a hurry, as they won't get to know about it until Christmas anyway, and probably not ride him until spring. I am sure Mark would like to get him out of there though, as I know what it is like after a sale wanting everything to leave ASAP.

Come on up and have a look around, we would love to have ya, just don't come on Nov. 16 - I found out yesterday I have been chosen for Jury Duty then :shock:

Latest posts