• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Got the Rye grass seed in the ground today.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
The day started early and (for texas) a bit chilly.
2005-10-29-002.jpg

2005-10-29-006.jpg

2005-10-29-012.jpg

See her lil puff of breath in the mornin air?

2005-10-29-016.jpg

Loadin the hopper

2005-10-29-023.jpg

Git er done.

2005-10-29-020.jpg

Waitin to reload

2005-10-29-025.jpg

Dumpin more in.

In all we planted about 60 acres, now if the 70% chance of rain we got for monday just comes true.

70%????????? Im jealous,still drier than a covered bridge arond here,tanks all dry creeks barely pot holeing water,I think they have our chance at about 40%...................good luck PS nice pictures.

I have 2 old drills like that, I just set them for wide open and drill till it is empty. all the cup adjusters are rusted off and a few disks are missing, but for the tight places the no-till rig won't fit they are perfect!

how did it do on seeding the rye grass?? did the seed float or did it drop well enough? do you have a grass feeder on it?

I will be broadcasting this afternoon. I bought Marshal rye grass. It cost more but I think it does better for me. I have been using 25 pounds to the acre and the stand is fair but not great. It works for me though.

This drill belongs to a friend of ours, in really good shape, setting was for rye grass, bar was set on #19 and it puts 9 lbs per acre. all the disks are on it, all the cup feeders and such.....wish we could find one for what he paid for that one. $500.00 it's a 12 foot

Oh and we got one heck of a good rain this evenin, aint hadda chance to get out to the pasture after the rain finally stopped to look at the rain guage, but I bet it was at least 2 inches maybe 3

I got less than a quarter inch here,too dry,you oughta start seeing that rye in 7 days,and shortly there after deer will be after it,that young hunter of yours is gonna like that..............good luck

Latest posts