• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Got to love facebook

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Gal posted her neighbor had a new born calf out of the corral next to the high way, said the calf was worth a $1,000. I had to post that maybe it would be this fall but not now. The post rolled back and forth till she blocked me :lol:

This is not really an offer but my checkbook is screaming "How many do you want!" :lol:

Facebook has made a lot of people narcissistic. They think everyone wants to see pictures of them in the bathroom, in their car, where ever/what ever. Nothing is private nor off-limits. The neighbors new calf was none of her business and I believe she really had no rite to put a price tag on it. Cattle theft is a growing business around here and stealing a baby calf is pretty easy. They're bringing $450 locally.

Better edit this, The baby calves I've seen sell lately are averaging $450. No. I have not stolen and or sold any. The power of words :?

for a lot of people, Facebook is a meeting place for those who enjoy blowing smoke up their own ass. either that or a place to vent all their problems. for some, it's both. :roll:

No it's not..... I guess just who YOU have as friends... I get to see pictures of my friends and family that I would miss out on.... You can defriend people if that's not what you want to see....

Don't have it myself but hear from friends it's constant look at me and what I did today crap. I agree 100% with what you said Justin.

Facebook is people, and people come in all types. Some of it I like, as Katrina mentioned, the staying in touch with family/friends side of it is great. Most of it though, the idiots that want to hear/see themselves at all hours of the day and night, I shake my head and walk away.

I was on a buy-sell-trade farm page and inquired about an item a lady had advertised. She stated a price and I told her I wasn't interested. She pursued it and when I said her price was way too high, she contacted the admin of the page and they booted me from it. Apparently they were friends. But that's Facebook. People can make these pages on a whim, and add or block whatever people they want. It gives them a sense of empowerment and lots of them take it too far.

I don't have it but my wife does just to keep in touch with some people. My sister is bad about posting a picture when she's out to eat and trying a new drink. :roll: I told my wife I should get on there and only post every time I got to the toilet. :lol: It's good and bad. I think it's like crack to some people though.

I got rid of mine...too much drama and bullshit out weighed the good aspects of it.... now the wife and I decided on a joint account to keep up with the grand baby and limit the friends we take on..... but STILL all kinds of drama on there....

From what i have seen of it,it is for people who basically don't have a life!! Just a bunch of verbal diarrhea.

3words said:
From what i have seen of it,it is for people who basically don't have a life!! Just a bunch of verbal diarrhea.

:lol: :lol: well hell, that don't make it sound any different than Ranchers. :wink: :D

Justin said:
3words said:

:lol: :lol: well hell, that don't make it sound any different then Ranchers then. :wink: :D

At Ranchers we have BVD. :nod: :cowboy:

Bovine Verbal Diarrhea :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Justin said:
3words said:

:lol: :lol: well hell, that don't make it sound any different then Ranchers then. :wink: :D

At Ranchers we have BVD. :nod: :cowboy:

Bovine Verbal Diarrhea :lol: :lol:

LOL :lol: :lol:

facebook is the devil... :D

Being glued to a phone screen seems to be the norm these days...even at family get togethers, zoo's, everywhere. I'm no saint, but it really saddens me when it seems to be a higher priority to be on it than being a parent to their kids.

R A said:
facebook is the devil... :D

Being glued to a phone screen seems to be the norm these days...even at family get togethers, zoo's, everywhere. I'm no saint, but it really saddens me when it seems to be a higher priority to be on it than being a parent to their kids.

:agree:

I don't even like it when visitors come and instead of visiting, they have their phone out reading it. Very RUDE. It's an addiction. (Kinda like ranchers... :wink: )

Such a bunch of hypocrites....look how many posts you all have made on this chat forum about how bad and evil it is to post on a chat forum!!

LOL!!!

Facebook is even better than the old party line telephones for keeping up with all the local happenings, engagements, weddings, divorces, births, deaths, and even sometimes juicy gossip of the area...

The old party line used to spread gossip fast- but I think FB has it beat! :wink:

Latest posts