• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Gotta Vent

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
I shipped my steer yesterday, and I only got 800 dollars for a fat butcher steer!!!Needless to say, I'm never selling feeders there again. That just covers the cost for feed, much less for my time, and a little bonus for bidding him good bye. I took him off grain in March, at 750 lbs, cause I mwouyldn't be here to show him at the regional show, and had him fat from grass. High selli9ng animal there too. Most of the stock was too tall, scragley and underfed. Sad. :cry: :cry: Ohwell, you can't win them all...

Sorry about that steer Angus Shower. Welcome to the real world of ranching.

At your age it is hard for you to know and understand what went wrong. Heck, it is hard for us to know the market and how it works. There you go...many times good cattle don't bring much over sorry ones...that is why there are still so many mediocre cattle around.

Don't quit though. You could have much better luck next time.

And never look back, it's a cold hard fact...

Unfortunately, up here in Canada, fats don't bring a price at the auction market. For a young lad, its double tough, because he can't sell direct to the slaughter house either. ACS, next time do yourself a favor: Contact a local butcher and see if he's buying. At least then you're likely to get something close to what the animal is worth.

Rod

he weighed 1303, and sold for 60 1/2 cents. He got docked hard, because he was a tan/white face, not a black/white face. Ohwell. It will still certainly help me get through University. :sigh:

P.S. I looked around, and no-one was buying , unless it was black.

Latest posts