• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Gotta wash my Carhartts, but hate to...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WyomingRancher

Reaction score
I need to wash my Carhartt jacket and coveralls, but hate to since they never seem to keep me as warm once I do it. Any ideas? Would scotch guard help? :roll:

I don't have any ideas on how to make them warmer,but I have found that Walls brand outerwear is alot warmer and about 2/3 the price of Carharts. I have a Carhart hooded jacket for chores and a Walls jacket for going to town and there is no comparison. The Walls has much more insulation and is just as tough .

Pitch the pants and get a pair of wool pants. May not win any fashion awards but you will stay warmer and they last two or three times longer than Carharts.

A good set of Helly Hansen long underwear and you can pretty much wear whatever you like for outer wear. I never wear my insulated Carharts anymore unless it gets way below -40.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Wash the carharts and buy a pair of Cuddle Duds to go underneath...warmest thing I've found so far. JC Penneys

a Wyoming gal getting tips on how to keep warm from a south texas gal...... what is next? bbq beef tips from a vegatarian???

jigs said:
Wash the carharts and buy a pair of Cuddle Duds to go underneath...warmest thing I've found so far. JC Penneys

a Wyoming gal getting tips on how to keep warm from a south texas gal...... what is next? bbq beef tips from a vegatarian???

A Kansan getting foot ball strategy from a Husker. :wink:

jigs said:

hey now....Cuddle Duds are a recent discovery for me....and they came in mighty handy durin this cold spell we just had. I"m a hard person to keep warm. If it's below 60 I'm shivverin. And I was out in it when it was 20 and stayed warm......with my Cuddle Duds on tyvm lol

wear Key brand..and i wash em only about twice a year..(that sounds terrible) so I can't really say that they aren't as warm after being washed...I NEVER put em in the dryer though...I'm gonna look into those cuddleduds though..they sound pretty good! Actually I have a one of those coats from Cabella's that is windproof and repels water...I wear that over my coveralls on the really bad days...that's what really keeps me warm..love that coat.[b

Big Muddy rancher said:
jigs said:

A Kansan getting foot ball strategy from a Husker. :wink:

that is a sure sign of the end of the world!

Under Armour Cold Gear is the cats meow-when it's real cold and were calling coyotes you can wear it under Helly Hanson's and toast. It is a bit hard to get used too as it fits skin tight but it works.

Had a little extra jingle one fall so as going to upgrade some outerwear to Carhartt. Got to the city and said heck with it bought Filson instead. Warm wears like iron. Oh as for wool pants buy most mine at Army surplus, got weights from lite to gee is it really -40 heavy

Nope nothing shrunk here-wool is the best because it keeps you warm even when wet-I wear big heavy wool socks and rubber overshoes all winter-nice and light to hunt in.

Latest posts