• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grass finally growing!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Spent yesterday hauling the AI heifers out..Today I took the last one of the heifer pairs and bulls out... Cows were close to the road for the first time in a long time- so it made things easier...

This bunch of cows were contentedly lying around in several groups down a couple of coulees...

Half sisters laying together--Whitney Creek Floret 830U (Cole Creek Juanada Lad 81T X Basin Max 104J)in the foreground-- Whitney Creek Floret 749T (Cole Creek Track Hunter 60R X Basin Max 104J) behind her with her calf..
100_0275.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0267.jpg

Cole Creek Clovanada 54U ( Cole Creek Juanada Ridge 95R X HBR Encore 0544)
100_0274.jpg

(Don Juan) Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito 06X didn't move far from the trailer before he was finding girlfriends..
100_0269.jpg

100_0271.jpg

100_0263.jpg

100_0266.jpg

Luckily lots of old grass this year- because even with the rain we have been having- the temps have been so cold at nights the native grass is just starting to grow.. Up here in this pasture close to the border its been freezing lots of nights..
And its sure nice to see water in every drainage..
100_0277.jpg

100_0276.jpg

100_0279.jpg

Your grass and cattle look good. I am already starting to move our cows around 'cause we are so dry. Where I normally get a month of grazing, I am getting about 10 days.

The country is looking good over there, just need a little heat to get that grass jumping.

Looks like you have good taste in trailers, mine is the identical to yours!!

So that's what cow country looks like.
OT looks like you are keepin the right kind.
good luck

nortexsook said:
Is that a Black Wolf in the 8th picture?

:lol: :lol: He must think he is.....Didn't notice till I saw the pictures... Haven't had any wolf or coyote problems yet this year- but the coons have been driving me nuts getting into my feed barrels.......

Latest posts