• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grass Fires in Texas and Oklahoma

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aaron

Reaction score
How are you guys and gals down in Texas and Oklahoma holding out? Sounds like those grass fires down there are really starting to stir up the cities and cause some major problems, a few small towns got totally burnt? From the reports, a bit of the outskirts of Oklahoma City is getting toasted and the fire is only 200 km from Dallas? All the best....hopefully none of you are in it's path.

We are in Oklahoma.

The closest fire to our place was about 10 miles. We are extremely dry, about 18" below our normal annual rainfall.

sp said:
We are in Oklahoma.

The closest fire to our place was about 10 miles. We are extremely dry, about 18" below our normal annual rainfall.

18 inches below geez we don't see 18 inches for 2 years sometimes i think.

katrina said:
So what is starting all the fires?????

Most of the fires I have been fighting ,all but two, have been do to the wind whipping the power lines together making sparks. The first one was due to a local guy welding a corner post up but it was small, he had wheat fields around, and the other was some SOB burning some trash in a little pit on Christmas Eve (I didn't get to see my family, I was not happy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ). The guy got it; he was given a 1000 fine by the sheriff and about 2500 bill total from all 6 fire departments that had to fight that fire, but that does not help the rancher across the fence that lost 300 acres of grass and about 50 round bales. We had one fire that lost 3 houses, 5 barns, about 600 round bales, and about 1000 acres, if there was not wheat fields that would have been a lot more. I have been doing nothing but fighting fires or working on fire trucks that got broke. I have been missing a lot of stuff like New Years, talking to ya'll, Christmas, putting my kids to bed, being with my cattle, and sleep. :mad: :mad: :mad: I need some :drink:

Latest posts