• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Great weekend!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Took my Bantam team to Alberta this weekend to AA tournament-just a chance to play some different teams. We lost one game in the round robin to Camrose who were undefeated in 34 straight. We wound up against them in the 'A' final-it was as good as Bantam hockey gets-end to end-big hits and great goal tending. We ended up going to overtime and they beat us in sudden death-those boys looked like they'd played in the Stanley Cup final in the handshake-nice to see two good teams showing each other some respect after going all out at each other.

Yeah Greg it was a fun tournament-got to sample some of that great sausage made in Mundare. Got lots of compliments on our little team from the bush-it was priceless-we ended up in the same restaurant as Camrose before our game-we have one big native boy on our team he walked over to their table and gives them a big TANSI (hello in Cree) I bet you don't hear that much in Vegreville lol.

See the big EGG?Prob. not as nice as Dog Rivers Hoe? :shock: Would have really liked to have seen that Camrose game though,good luck to the boys,and rest of thier season,I'll try and post you on Camrose is doing,the rest of year.

Kind of had some ups and downs this weekend sports wise-I had kids as far apart as possible in Sask-hockey in La Ronge and basketball in Balgonie and curling in Meadow Lake. My oldest daughter won her Bball tournament in Balgonie-my second oldest made it to the provincial finals in curling but we dropped both our hockey games this weekend. Tonight in a town that I won't name we got 'homered' as bad as I ever have been by a ref. We get this team in our barn on Friday and it will be quite a tilt-be interesting without their pet ref disallowing goals,leaving the clock run and letting their cheap shots go-there's some little stick artists don't know how lucky they are I had my bench under control. I expect to have 3-4 extra penalties on the road that's the nature of the beast but I hate a ref robbing us. One good thing my penalty killers got lots of ice time and my power play got some rest lol.

Well that team that jobbed us on Sunday had to play in our barn tonight-we got a senior ref to do the game. We whipped their mouthy little butts every way you can-kind of took the trash talk out of them. It's a shame their coaches can't control their players because they have some talent but just want to yap and stick guys.

Northern Rancher I thought you might like an update on the Camrose Bantam team you played.As of March 5 the Camrose bantam Bulldogs were 52-0 on the season.They go to provincials in Lethbridge on the weekend of March 17-19.The Bulldogs have been pushed by some teams this year,including an overtime game against Meadow Lake in the final of the Vegreville tournament.Hey you guys made the Camrose paper....Your boys should be awfully proad of that game!

Really what did the Camrose paper have to say about us lol. We played them pretty tough and we lost our top scorer in the first period. It was a great game for sure-my boys didn't win many games this year-we lost two gunners to AAA as underagers-but they battled in every game. I've got a feww players going to tryouts for AAA in the next few weeks so an exciting time for them. My little girl lost out in the Novice league final this afternoon-she had great coaches this year-in fact one was named coach of the year on Friday-every player on her team is better now than they were in the fall and had fun learning-as a parent that's all you ask for. She's going to try out for the elite boys atom team next year so she's pretty excited about that.

Basically said the overtime game In Vegreville was the best and closest game they've played this year.Our bantam team played provincials in Hanna this weekend,we had another bad blizzard so were worried the boys wouldn't make it...last I heard this morning they were still playing today!

My oldest is off to the 4A provincial finals in bball-I hope she gets some court time-our team captain is probably the best guard in the province-imagine Steve Nash but the lady version. My youingest lost out in league finals in hockey on Sunday but she had a good year. First roideo of the year in next weekend and hockey camps start after that.

Northern Rancher said:
My oldest is off to the 4A provincial finals in bball-I hope she gets some court time-our team captain is probably the best guard in the province-imagine Steve Nash but the lady version. My youingest lost out in league finals in hockey on Sunday but she had a good year. First roideo of the year in next weekend and hockey camps start after that.

DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA, NR!!!!!! :D :D :D Best of luck to your girl and to the rest of the team!!!! :!: :!: :!:

NR,

Where is Hoopla this year? If its in the city I might have to come watch..... tonight is my last game of the year I think, unless we squeak into playoffs... damn Kinesiology girls are just tooo good!

Angus Girl said:
NR,

Where is Hoopla this year? If its in the city I might have to come watch..... tonight is my last game of the year I think, unless we squeak into playoffs... damn Kinesiology girls are just tooo good!

good luck "squeaking in", Angus Girl!! Don't forget your camera either as our family are BIG basketball fans!!!! :D

It's in Moose Jaw and I'm not going to be able to make it unfortunately. Just got home from giving her good luck hugs on her way to the bus. I have to go on the road and get some cattle business done this weekend if you can imagine that. I'm going to miss my first game ever as a hockey coach too.

DSCN0810.jpg

Demodriver is number 25...this was the state district tournaments for class B held in Belgrade!!! The loss was a crusher!! :cry: Hope your girl fares better!! :wink:

Ranchwife your probably closer to Moose Jaw ,Sask. than I am maybe you should take 'Gus' on a roadtrip-there will be some good bball players there this weekend. Our team captain is awesome-she totally controls the game-the kind of players can scoire at will but passes off and plays great defence. Her brother and Ty are linemates in hockey too so our families spend lots of sport time together.

Northern Rancher said:
Ranchwife your probably closer to Moose Jaw ,Sask. than I am maybe you should take 'Gus' on a roadtrip-there will be some good bball players there this weekend. Our team captain is awesome-she totally controls the game-the kind of players can scoire at will but passes off and plays great defence. Her brother and Ty are linemates in hockey too so our families spend lots of sport time together.

I am "scheduled" to work the floor at the hospital this weekend,butI have alot of sicktime that needs used up!!! :wink: :wink: Gus would probably absolutely love the roadtrip!!! :D

HEY, NR!!! DETAILS!! DETAILS!! HOW'D THEY DO.....I HAVE BEEN ANXIOUSLY WAITING TO HEAR HOW YOUR GIRL DID!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts