• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

grinding feed small scale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TWOROPES

Reaction score
have not posted here in a long time. we seem to be in a never ending drought in this part of the country, with many cow-calf folks pulling the plug and selling off herds at a loss. The upside for me is my family has irrigated hayland, and there is an abundunce of cheap medium quality calves available. i want to feed out about 100 head, but the only way i see to come out is grinding my own feed. All the feed grinding equipment i have looked at is designed for much bigger operations and the price reflects it. anyone have any suggestions on small grinders that will handle, alfalfa, grass hay, corn, stalks, cane hay, please respond. thanks, ropes

You can go to the local equipment auction a pick up a working PTO driven feed grinder for $1500.

I know of two john deer hay choopers,old kind though.People sell them as antiques,but all the parts move and could still be operable.And for $100 bucks worth the risk.

Latest posts