• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GroundHog Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
Well....our GroundHog here in Ga....General Lee....says we'll have an early spring.

Can't come fast enough!!!!

We had spring thundershowers last night. I let the dogs out, and bout the time they went from the porch to the sidewalk.....lightenin struck somewhere right out front...skeered the jiggers outta them and me. All of us went back in the house......needless to say.....they didn't get their pee before bedtime. I tried later to let em out again...but they weren't havin none of that!!!!!

We don't have groundhogs in Texas
mouse.gif

Ground Hog wouldn't see his shadow in this part of the country today...Cloudy-Cold with a bitter east wind...

I got quite a surprise when I went out to feed this morning and saw a bunch of cows standing in a circle- as I rolled out the hay I see this little calf standing in the middle.. A 70lb heifer out of my sons Strategy X Miner Tribute cow sired by my Bannon of Wye bull...
Calf was up and had sucked but was pretty darn chilly in our 5 degree temp and -25 wind chill--but the old cows circling must have helped keep it warm...

I have her and momma in my warm room of the barn getting the chill off it- think it will be fine except for its not going to have much ears for eartagging :roll: Hopefully its feet didn't get nipped...

Cow was due Feb 10th- and I was going to corral her and the other early bred one today- but I checked them a couple of days ago- and neither was showing any sign- but now in hind sight I remembered this one doesn't until about 5 minutes before she calves...

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
We had spring thundershowers last night. I let the dogs out, and bout the time they went from the porch to the sidewalk.....lightenin struck somewhere right out front...skeered the jiggers outta them and me. All of us went back in the house......needless to say.....they didn't get their pee before bedtime. I tried later to let em out again...but they weren't havin none of that!!!!!

We had the lighting show,high winds and a a 3 foot rain. Drops about 3 foot apart for 30 seconds. :roll:

BINGO.....SOMETHIN we have in common with Texas....only gophers and moles here too.Not sure but I think the groundhog AB watches every yr is from the Calgary zoo....... :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
BINGO.....SOMETHIN we have in common with Texas....only gophers and moles here too.Not sure but I think the groundhog AB watches every yr is from the Calgary zoo....... :lol:

Oh...now that means I'm gonna have to pack up 2 of them critters for shipment now!!! :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:

What about Balzac Billy? :???: Tell me you haven't forgotten Balzac Billy :shock: :lol:
http://balzacbilly.com/

Jigger Boss said:
Mrs.Greg said:

What about Balzac Billy? :???: Tell me you haven't forgotten Balzac Billy :shock: :lol:
{Slaps hand on forehead} Silly me,although we don't have groundhogs persay,we do have people that DRESS up like groundhogs.....ONLY in Alberta...... :roll: :oops: Sorry I missed the annual trek to Balzac

:lol2: :lol2:

Mrs.Greg said:
Jigger Boss said:
Mrs.Greg said:

{Slaps hand on forehead} Silly me,although we don't have groundhogs persay,we do have people that DRESS up like groundhogs.....ONLY in Alberta...... :roll: :oops: Sorry I missed the annual trek to Balzac

:lol2: :lol2:

Man, the winters surely must be tough on ya if you have to resort to dressing up as a ' whistlepig'!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts