• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GRRRR!!! (Japanese Iron)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
I had to come in for a break and vent a little!! I'm putting my 12 year old's dirt bike back together. A main bearing went out and replacing it involves basicly taking the whole @#$% bike apart and putting it back together. It would be no big deal for a person who has patience and tiny little hands. I have niether!!
My wife had a Honda car a few years ago and it was no fun to work on either. :mad: :mad:
If Japan ever starts buying our beef again, I say we should package it in such a way that it is a real pain in the butt to get open!!! :lol: PAYBACK!! :evil:
There. I feel better now! :wink: :wink:

Now I really feel better. He is roaring around on it and his Mom is yelling at him for ripping up the lawn!! Every thing is normal!!! :lol:

Tim, was the bearing (parts) expensive? Our dealers around here really jack up the price on jobs that they don't want you to fix yourself. They'd rather you bring it into the shop.

Mike-"Tim, was the bearing (parts) expensive? Our dealers around here really jack up the price on jobs that they don't want you to fix yourself. They'd rather you bring it into the shop."

I don't think it was too bad. Maybe $70.00 for the bearings, seals and gaskets. This bike is a '84 CR 80 Honda. My son bought it with 4-H calf money and paid for the parts himself. I don't mind doing the work THAT much!!! :lol:

I know what you mean,though. A lot of dealerships around here use different "tactics" to discourage you from fixing up your old stuff....so they can sell you new stuff. Same thing applies to most farm equipment.

We shop around for our parts and do 99% of our own mechanical work around here. Can't seem to make any money so saving some is almost as good!!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts