• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Guess I don't get out enough!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cutterone

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that we don't eat out much but we got some gift cards for Christmas to the Outback restaurant and since we were both tired and Valentines Day thing so the Mrs got us a meal last evening. Wow!! What prices!! The meal was good but - $8 for a burger! $15 for a steak and $17 for some salmon. Wish we all got those prices for our end of the deal!
One thing I noticed on the menu was that they made a point of emphasizing not consuming under cooked or eating raw meat for medical reasons.
A friend of mine took his wife out last weekend to Lonestar and he said the steak was the toughest he had ever eaten. He asked the waiter to have the manager to come talk with him and relayed his feelings and let him know that he raised cattle for a living. He then asked if this was Brazilion beef and the manager got blushed and tore up the bill.

You think that's bad, try a Big Mac these days. I end up eating at McD's about once a week just because I'm in a hurry. Anyway, this last time I had a Big Mac. I swear, their patties are now thinner than cardboard. I absolutely could not believe it when I took a bite and looked at it. On top of that, they had a price increase again. I commented on that and the little girl waiting on me said it was because minimum wage went up so she was happy!

cutterone said:
I'll be the first to admit that we don't eat out much but we got some gift cards for Christmas to the Outback restaurant and since we were both tired and Valentines Day thing so the Mrs got us a meal last evening. Wow!! What prices!! The meal was good but - $8 for a burger! $15 for a steak and $17 for some salmon. Wish we all got those prices for our end of the deal!
One thing I noticed on the menu was that they made a point of emphasizing not consuming under cooked or eating raw meat for medical reasons.
A friend of mine took his wife out last weekend to Lonestar and he said the steak was the toughest he had ever eaten. He asked the waiter to have the manager to come talk with him and relayed his feelings and let him know that he raised cattle for a living. He then asked if this was Brazilion beef and the manager got blushed and tore up the bill.
Greg and I like the Outback,when we rarely hit a City,our prices are higher then that for sure,more like $19 for the steak,But the meat is Alberta Angus,says so right on the menu,same with Montanas.The steaks are always good.Trust me...I point out to anyone with us that its robbery the difference between what the cattleman recieves and the consumers pays :evil:

They're not too bad, but I need to be within walking distance of the out house if I eat them!!! And by the way , where are you finding a $15 steak? They are all $20 -$25 here in No.Illinois.

Good old McDonalds

Now everyone will know I'm from an older world. I can remember the first McDonalds I ever saw. It was in Indianapolis and my mother said we had better eat there quick as it would not last long. She could not believe people would pay $0.39 for a "Big Mac" when they could get a White Castle for $0.05

My niece is married to a manager for McDonalds and he could not believe it when I told him so he went and checked - - - Yes they used to be $0.39 ---He also found it hard to believe you could get one free by asking for "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions on a sesime seed bun"

mrs greg we like the outback too.But the last time we went (south side edmonton)there was about 8 of us.We had called ahead and got our name on the list .They dont take reservations but you can put your name on the list then you go in ahead of the ones that just showed up.We got there and they didnt find our name on the list. so we waited about an hr at the bar. and they come got us and said our name was on the list but it somehow got into the garbage. So we got a table and ordered supper,waited an hr and 1/2 and the food came.It was cold. we asked for the manager and this 20 yr old girl came out said she was the manager.told her the food was cold she said ok she will charge us 1/2 price we said no we are leaving and not paying for anything but the appetizers(sp) and the drinks.It is very costly but usually very good.

8) Bring back memories. 1956 or 1957 at McDonalds. McDonalds call to fame was there milk shakes. Burger, fries, and milk shake was 50 cents.
It was a real treat for us as 50 cents was our weekly allowance from our parents.

You guys comented that the prices in my post were low. Since I'm not very versed on this - the only prices I have to go on are the take our menu - are the prices lower than eating in? I show a 12 oz ribeye for $16.99

Around here the price depends on the place. We took our daughter and her husband out last night. 16 oz ribeye, 16 oz prime, 8 oz fillet, halibut, a couple of drinks, appetizer, one share desert, + tip= $150. It was an upscale place, some of the best beef the American cattleman raises and feeds. Well worth the price.

Could have gone to a chain and ate shoe leather instead for quite a bit less. We don't mind paying for good food and good service.

I took my two older boys out with their girlfriends last weekend. Plus my wife and two younger kids. I had a sirloin steak with a baked potato. It was certainly nothing to write home about for $22. I had to buy a side dish with it just to fill me up. Steak was a little tough, really. Between the whole table, we each had a meal, a total of two beers and 4 soft drinks. A couple of appetizers. $210.00 total plus tip made it about $240.
I'm a cow-calf guy. So, if you figure I average about $150 -$200 a calf profit for a years work. It would seem like there's something wrong there.

Latest posts