• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

guess whos runnin for office?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Way to go LB! We need folks that will look out for the us out here, I have tried to work with our SD GFP's on a walk in type hunting program here, we are not a large outfit, a little over 4100 acres with more than our share of Mule Deer, had one Game Warden tell me that we had too many deer here and that GFP new I had to let folks hunt here or they would eat eveything in site, so would not lease our place as a walk in, go figure? We do let folks hunt here, never have charged, but WILL NOT let anyone in if they are part of the WILD LIFE FEDERATION EVER, DONE DEAL!!!!! LET US know if we can help? 101

Way to go LB. Having met and sat in on a few meeting where LB was, I can vouch for her ability to give a well thought out and spirited talk and/or response. You will do well, if you just don't let them sad, so called humans, get you down! Let me know where to send my donation to the cause, to.

PS Liberty, I am working on that other project you asked me about.

I wish you the best LB...I agree with the others, if you had wanted to announce on here that you were running, along with your name, that's a decision only you are allowed to make.

Has anyone noticed that SDHunter hasn't had a word to say since yesterday? Hmmmm....

Wow – the stuff you miss when you miss a day on ranchers.net!! We bangs vaccinated and number branded our heifers yesterday and between helping at the chute and cooking for the vet and the crew, I missed all this excitement.

After reading over all of your nice comments, I had to go check out Tony Dean's website to see what else he may have to offer and came up with this:

Is it the Same Betty Olson?

Isn't Betty Olson a sister to Mert Clarkson (GF&P commissioner) from Harding County ?? Isn't Betty the one that started the "lockout" web site (and maybe still runs it)??

I have talked to some GF&P commission members, and Mert seems to be a disruptive force that doesn't bring much to the table but his own agenda!!

Chuck

Chuck:

I don't know whether she is Mert Clarkson's sister. Maybe, maybe not. If it's the same Betty Olson who is involved with the lockout and goes under the name of "Liberty Bell" on the Rancher's Net website, it's probably the one. Betty does regularly monitor this site, as does Mert's wife, Susan Clarkson.

Tony

February 8, 2006

http://www.tonydean.com/issues2.html?sectionid=7237

I'm sure having me for a sister comes as a shock to Mert... and probably to my mother! :shock:

The other "accusation" made by Dean and SD Stalker (I love that name too, Red Robin!) is true – I am running for office.

I filed my petitions this week to run for the House of Representatives from SD District 28B. Since I will have at least one opponent in the primary, a nice guy from Bison, I probably won't get far, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.

Since SD Stalker and Tony Dean have "outed" me, I may as well give you the details. My name IS Betty Olson, HCR 2 Box 21, Prairie City, SD 57649. I ranch with my husband Reuben in Harding and Perkins Counties where we run cattle and sheep. We have six kids, 12 grandchildren, three dogs, a half dozen chickens, one goat, and too many horses and cats.

I have been an EMT and CPR instructor with the Harding Co. Ambulance for nearly 25 years and am a member of SD Lockout, the Multi-County Predator Control District, Perkins Co. Farm Bureau, HC Stockgrowers, SD Stockgrowers, SD State Archeological Society, Stateline Right to Life, Gideon's Auxiliary, and Slim Buttes Lutheran Church where I sing in and direct the church choir.

I'm president of the Harding County Historical Society and conduct a historical tour every year, substitute teach at every school and for every class in Harding County, write for a couple local newspapers, and am an avowed news junky.

I guess I should appreciate the campaign help from SD Stalker and Tony Dean. I've never had this much attention given to anything I've ever done, and if name recognition helps get you elected, I'll have these two to thank. Those of you who frequent this board know that I haven't been bashful about sharing my opinions, so anyone voting for me will know exactly where I stand on any issue - not necessarily a plus for a politician.

Thanks again for your encouragement. And win, lose or draw, the sun will come up again the day after the election. :)

I don't know LB. I was plumb in your camp until you went and said you were a LUTHERAN! :shock: :roll:

I just don't know if I can get behind you as your campaign manager now! :?

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's Southdakotahunter :dunce:

It used to be where's Waldo, but times have changed. Our new waldo is
Southdakotahunter

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Im just sitting back and watchin all the action. To tell ya the truth, i also wish her luck. Anyone who goes to battle for something you believe in, weather right or wrong, has got got balls...or guts. Cant say i hope ya win but good luck. I also think the stalker thing is funny. If i crossed the line, im sorry. I wont again, and it DID make me think. Maybe i should think just a little more before i type.

Hey LB - you got a heck of a personal resume!

I do not know who your neighbours are, but they sure are lucky - you go girl.

If you think Jinglebob needs a talkin' to for his comments on Lutherans - well, I bet he would even give you supper after you gave him what for. So it might be worth the trip just so you could see the look on his face. :D :D

You called your opponent a nice guy. Methinks this will be a straight forward run for the trophy and no bad talking. The way it should be.

Good luck

B.C.

Jinglebob: I don't know LB. I was plumb in your camp until you went and said you were a LUTHERAN!

I just don't know if I can get behind you as your campaign manager now!
Dang it Jinglebob, I thought I had you eating out of my hand. Would a note extolling my sterling character written by my good friend Father Oreshoski do anything toward getting back in your good graces? I might not be that much, being Lutheran and all, but Father O is a Green Bay Packer fan, a former B-52 pilot and a real wit. His endorsement may allow you to overlook my shortcomings.

How about it? Ready to get back on the campaign trail? Pretty please... :?

Shoot! I'd gladly buy Bets supper, just for the chance to get to visit with here and here wonderful husband. I'll bet she knew I was jokin', anyway.

Around here, we call Lutherans, "Catholic light"! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wellll, ok if Fr Gary will vouch for you. He has been here and helped me build a new board fence! Only problem is, I need him to come back and start re-building it! :)

I may as well give you the details. My name IS Betty Olson, HCR 2 Box 21, Prairie City, SD 57649. I ranch with my husband Reuben in Harding and Perkins Counties where we run cattle and sheep. We have six kids, 12 grandchildren, three dogs, a half dozen chickens, one goat, and too many horses and cats.

I have been an EMT and CPR instructor with the Harding Co. Ambulance for nearly 25 years and am a member of SD Lockout, the Multi-County Predator Control District, Perkins Co. Farm Bureau, HC Stockgrowers, SD Stockgrowers, SD State Archeological Society, Stateline Right to Life, Gideon's Auxiliary, and Slim Buttes Lutheran Church where I sing in and direct the church choir.

I'm president of the Harding County Historical Society and conduct a historical tour every year, substitute teach at every school and for every class in Harding County, write for a couple local newspapers, and am an avowed news junky.

I am impressed..........

Good luck.........

Liberty Belle/Mrs. Olson/Betty.....I wish you luck.

One thing I noticed that commends you highly is the statement you made about your opposition in the upcoming election, you called him a " nice guy"

Regardless of whether I agree of disagree with you on various topics....just that statment alone says volumes to your character. I think others will agree with me.

Good Luck and by the by...I have no use for our Game Officers here either!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Got my first crank call from Mr. Anonymous tonight and, as you might guess, he wanted to straighten me out on GF&P. It seems to me if a person feels so strongly about an issue, he'd at least have guts enough to give his name.

It wasn't you, was it SDhunter? I guess I need to get caller ID if this is going to be a regular occurrence.

Liberty Belle said:
Got my first crank call from Mr. Anonymous tonight and, as you might guess, he wanted to straighten me out on GF&P. It seems to me if a person feels so strongly about an issue, he'd at least have guts enough to give his name.

It wasn't you, was it SDhunter? I guess I need to get caller ID if this is going to be a regular occurrence.

Get yourself some little toy or gadget that makes a beep sound like they use when they are recording your converstion--many times ends pain in the rear conversations fast.... :wink:

Great to hear you're runnung for office - outstanding!

Don't get pushed imto being "anti law enforcement," You support law enforcement that conducts itself properly and legally. Open fields doctrine doesn't say leo may trespass, only in the event leo does trespass, the improperly gathered evidence is admissable. So leo equates no penalty with legal - dubious ethics indeed.

Bets, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What can I do to help??? The ranchersnet family is very proud of you!!! And wish you well. Maybe you can get OT as a bodyguard..... He has that Kevin Costner look... :wink: :wink:

Latest posts