• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Gun Saves Family

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
A Georgia mother shot an ex-convict six times to protect her and her children after he apparently forced his way into the family's home.
The mom heard knocks on her front door Friday and assumed it was just a solicitor, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
She told her 9-year-old twins not to answer the door and, when the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at his job and he told her to gather the children and hide.
"He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver."
- Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman
According to the Journal-Constitution, the father then dialed 911 and his wife, who works from a home office, hid with the children in a crawlspace.
By that time, according to the paper, the intruder had used a crowbar to forcibly enter the home, and made his way to the home office.
"He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver," Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater, who has arrests dating to 2008 and was released from jail in August, was still conscious.
"The guy's face down, crying," the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she'd shoot again.
While down, the woman and her children ran to a neighbor's house, and the injured intruder made it out of the home and into his car, the paper reported.
Authorities found Slater a short time later bleeding profusely in a neighbor's driveway.
"I'm dying. Help me," he told them, according to Chapman.
Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/georgia-mom-home-alone-with-kids-shoots-ex-con-intruder/?test=latestnews#ixzz2HCsbEkTM

Mike said:
A Georgia mother shot an ex-convict six times to protect her and her children after he apparently forced his way into the family's home.
The mom heard knocks on her front door Friday and assumed it was just a solicitor, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
She told her 9-year-old twins not to answer the door and, when the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at his job and he told her to gather the children and hide.
"He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver."
According to the Journal-Constitution, the father then dialed 911 and his wife, who works from a home office, hid with the children in a crawlspace.
By that time, according to the paper, the intruder had used a crowbar to forcibly enter the home, and made his way to the home office.
"He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver," Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater, who has arrests dating to 2008 and was released from jail in August, was still conscious.
"The guy's face down, crying," the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she'd shoot again.
While down, the woman and her children ran to a neighbor's house, and the injured intruder made it out of the home and into his car, the paper reported.
Authorities found Slater a short time later bleeding profusely in a neighbor's driveway.
Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/georgia-mom-home-alone-with-kids-shoots-ex-con-intruder/?test=latestnews#ixzz2HCsbEkTM

I saw this on the news....this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great!!!

Yeah for her!!!

BUT.... I shall add:

If she had had training with that gun before her ownership of it 2 things would have happened.

#1...she would have only used 1 bullet and not wasted the other 4..one shot---one kill

#2...unfortunately, now this crook will have a warm place to shite and cot and 3 hots for a long time at the tax payer ( be it state or federal) expense.

Just another reason I say that LEGAL gun owners ALL need gun training............

Ok, I got work to do today. I'll ck in later and see how many names ya'll have called me.

XOXOX's

kolanuraven said:
Mike said:

Yeah for her!!!

BUT.... I shall add:

If she had had training with that gun before her ownership of it 2 things would have happened.

#1...she would have only used 1 bullet and not wasted the other 4..one shot---one kill

#2...unfortunately, now this crook will have a warm place to shite and cot and 3 hots for a long time at the tax payer ( be it state or federal) expense.

Just another reason I say that LEGAL gun owners ALL need gun training............

Ok, I got work to do today. I'll ck in later and see how many names ya'll have called me.

XOXOX's

Your observation is absolutely immaterial & irrelevant. The fact that she was able to save her family in the first place makes it so.

Without knowing every single circumstance of the incident and not knowing whether she had training or not numbs your statement. Shooting an intruder at close range is not rocket science (except maybe to Georgians). Looks to me she did an excellent job "According to WSBTV, Chapman told a reporter late Friday night that Slater has been placed on a ventilator with punctured lungs, a punctured liver and a punctured stomach. Chapman said he has four exit wounds."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/340594#ixzz2HDCqX9AT

What IS important is what 4 members of SCOTUS thinks about having a gun in the home for protection, and what another Buckwheat appointed member will add to this dimension:

Souter, Breyer, Stevens, Ginzburg (Heller vs. D.C.);

[The Framers were] unlikely then to have thought of a right to keep loaded handguns in homes to confront intruders in urban settings as central. And the subsequent development of modern urban police departments, by diminishing the need to keep loaded guns nearby in case of intruders, would have moved any such right even further away from the heart of the amendment's more basic protective ends.

Look for the news media to point at "Racism" for this white woman shooting an unarmed black man. :roll:

kolanuraven said:
Mike said:

Yeah for her!!!

BUT.... I shall add:

XOXOX's

Acutally you are wrong on the one shot.. My gun instructors taught me to aim for the heart and shoot up and empty your gun..... There is NEVER an overkill...

You are right Katirna,,,one shot one kill is for people like kolo=jingo=lulu=allie,,,,,,and those that live in a fantasy world :D :D :D

dooghi said:
Maybe she had training and just wanted to stop the intruder and not kill him?
Actually the instructors said that there is no just stopping an intruder and just wounding an intruder will get YOU killed.....We spent lots of hours talking and they demonstrated differant situations that can happen.... And we trained for those differant situations.... All that I can is that I hope and pray, I never have to make a decesion to shoot someone...

dooghi said:
Maybe she had training and just wanted to stop the intruder and not kill him?

If you are ever in a situation and need to shoot someone, you better kill'm....wound them and they'll prob beat the hell outta you when they get back on their feet!!

Mike said:
kolanuraven said:

Yeah for her!!!

BUT.... I shall add:

XOXOX's

Your observation is absolutely immaterial & irrelevant. The fact that she was able to save her family in the first place makes it so.

Without knowing every single circumstance of the incident and not knowing whether she had training or not numbs your statement. Shooting an intruder at close range is not rocket science (except maybe to Georgians). Looks to me she did an excellent job "According to WSBTV, Chapman told a reporter late Friday night that Slater has been placed on a ventilator with punctured lungs, a punctured liver and a punctured stomach. Chapman said he has four exit wounds."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/340594#ixzz2HDCqX9AT

What IS important is what 4 members of SCOTUS thinks about having a gun in the home for protection, and what another Buckwheat appointed member will add to this dimension:

Souter, Breyer, Stevens, Ginzburg (Heller vs. D.C.);

[The Framers were] unlikely then to have thought of a right to keep loaded handguns in homes to confront intruders in urban settings as central. And the subsequent development of modern urban police departments, by diminishing the need to keep loaded guns nearby in case of intruders, would have moved any such right even further away from the heart of the amendment's more basic protective ends.

Look for the news media to point at "Racism" for this white woman shooting an unarmed black man. :roll:

Who would'da ever thunk you'd have disagreed with ME???? Sheesh!

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area

The guy must have an interesting anatomy to also have liver, stomach, and lung wounds. :shock:

Maybe she jabbed him with a sharp stick too. :D

Whitewing said:
The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area

The guy must have an interesting anatomy to also have liver, stomach, and lung wounds. :shock:

Maybe she jabbed him with a sharp stick too. :D

Or a Micro Tech OTF. That would do it.

now that is a perfect example of poetic justice.. :lol:

and if he lives, he will be a good example for the rest of the scum in prison..

The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.

"She's standing over him, and she realizes she's fired all six rounds. And the guy's telling her to quit shooting," Chapman said.

The woman ran to a neighbor's home with her children. The intruder attempted to flee in his car but crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a nearby driveway, Chapman said.
Slater did eventually get up and managed to return to his vehicle that was parked outside the home, but his injuries left him unable to drive, and it wasn't long before he crashed into a wooded area.

He was found by sheriff's deputies, bleeding heavily in a driveway on the block.

Deputies arrested 32-year-old Atlanta resident Paul Slater in connection with the crime. Chapman said they found him on the ground saying, "Help me. I'm close to dying."

Channel 2's Amy Napier Viteri learned from Chapman late Friday night that slater has been placed on a ventilator and suffers from punctured lungs, a punctured liver and a punctured stomach.

He said if Slater survives the night, doctors will try to operate in the morning to repair the damage.

Chapman said Slater has four exit wounds.

Slater is currently being charged with burglary.

seems to be a bit of confusion in the reporting.. did the scum live till morning?

Anyone want to bet that the ex-con tries to sue for damages? She should have put one in his heart. An "assault rifle" may have been helpful.

katrina said:
kolanuraven said:

Yeah for her!!!

BUT.... I shall add:

XOXOX's

Acutally you are wrong on the one shot.. My gun instructors taught me to aim for the heart and shoot up and empty your gun..... There is NEVER an overkill...

Ok, but you just kinda made my point.

You had training and if a person breaks in on you, the people of the nice state of Nebraska won't have to pay for a "wounded" crooks hospital bill, lawyers and upkeep for the 20-25 yrs. it would be over with, BAM!

So, it is relevent to the tax payers! Training would pay off!

I agree training is important, and shoot to kill.... but it is near impossible to train the average person to kill another human. some people just don't have it in them.

we are not all heartless evil bitches like you kola :wink:

Katrina has it right on this one, not everyone can take someone down and pulling a gun out and not useing it is likely going to be a bad for the victim period, but if you feel you need to protect yourself shoot as many different hand guns as you can, you'll know after a few times just useing it if it's right for you. You give your command if their in your house and if he dosen't drop or run like he!! You do like Katrina said you start shooting at his chest and don't stop till the gun is empty period. I see a lot of folks men and women with guns that are to much for them, just saying, for ladies a little 22 Mag will stop anything she wants to stop without her trying to hold it down with both hands. 101

if you look at the shots..

a punctured stomach
a punctured liver
punctured lungs
neck
and face

has four exit wounds.

trained or not she did what is often taught.. the scum just wasn't given enough time to die..

I was taught and prefer center mass shots.. but nothing wrong with diversity... :lol:

My favorite gun is a LCP(little sissy pistol) 380....I pack it in my purse or in my pocket or other places... 8) I personally think if we all would take an extensive gun training program, crime would go down... My worry is idiots with a gun with no training or experiance with a gun... And I know of some....

Latest posts