• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hail Storm Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranch77rocket

Reaction score
Had some pretty bad hail roll through here this afternoon. It got a couple of windows, the siding on the north side of the house and I suppose the roof is pretty beat up too. It broke the back window out of one of Dad's pickups and hammered my '97 F350 pretty bad. The shop has some dents on the roof and siding and one broken window. There's probably more stuff that we haven't found yet. :(

hailstorm017.jpg

hailstorm010.jpg

hailstorm009.jpg

hailstorm006.jpg

hailstorm005.jpg

dang, something like that would really raise hell with livestock, sorry bout your luck, least ways your alive to tell about it

the radar showed that line of storms stretching from Oklahoma, up through Kansas, Nebraska, S.Dakota, Minnesota, and on into Canada.... had a few twisters close by, but all we got here was rain.

Very sorry to hear about the hail, ranch77rocket. That is always such devastating stuff. Your baseball, softball, and ruler photo sure shows the size of the hailstones. A picture is worth a thousand words.

We had a bad hail roll through here last year, on Saturday night, the 3rd of July. It really left it's mark and wrecked the heck out of our hayground and pastures, not to mention broken windows and the siding on our house. Hopefully it's still early enough this year that your grass will recover.

By the way, it was nice to meet you last Thursday. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Very sorry to hear about the hail, ranch77rocket. That is always such devastating stuff. Your baseball, softball, and ruler photo sure shows the size of the hailstones. A picture is worth a thousand words.

We had a bad hail roll through here last year, on Saturday night, the 3rd of July. It really left it's mark and wrecked the heck out of our hayground and pastures, not to mention broken windows and the siding on our house. Hopefully it's still early enough this year that your grass will recover.

By the way, it was nice to meet you last Thursday. :wink:

Yes, I think the grass will be fine. I was off checking pastures and what hail we encountered was small. Guess well have to get the insurance adjuster out here and see what they have to say about the buildings and vehicles. They're probably getting tired of us. It was just about 3 years ago when the tornado came through the yard. :(

Enjoyed meeting you at the convention. Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Crazy weather in the States this year.

Folks in Venezuela, watching the news with all the disasters, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, piles of snow, etc always ask why Americans live where they do. :lol:

Hope the damage is minimal end the end.

Thats bad. I, too was curious about livestock. Bet you have a few tender-backed ponies. Hopefully the big stuff was not too wide spread.

:shock: that is ugly. hopefully ya got that one out of the way and the rest of the summer will be clear sailin'.

Those hailstones are huge! I guess the damage could be worse,
but it was bad enough anyway. Glad your livestock and grass
was spared.

Thanks for the pictures. Like Soapweed said, 'a picture is worth
a 1000 words." This has been some year. God is showing us
his strength, I think. We need to pay attention. FWIW

That's some BIG hail!!! We watched the storm east of us and the other storm west of us..we were like sandwiched inbetween the two, and never got a drop of rain! Had hurricane like winds though..We got hit last year by the hailstorm Soapweed spoke of,,and our pastures still aren't coming back like they should..Thanks for posting and glad ya'll were ok..

I just got home from our men's Bible study. Pastor Ed was telling of a friend of his from Ne that got a bad hail. We got to comparing notes and came to the conclusion that you must be the friend he was speaking of. We a sure enjoying Ed, Sarah and family. They are a great fit for our community.

Shortgrass said:
I just got home from our men's Bible study. Pastor Ed was telling of a friend of his from Ne that got a bad hail. We got to comparing notes and came to the conclusion that you must be the friend he was speaking of. We a sure enjoying Ed, Sarah and family. They are a great fit for our community.

Wow! small world. Yes, they were here for 7 or 8 years. We miss them, but I'm glad they're getting along so well at Rush. I suppose you know Celeste F. My wife went to college with her in Kansas City.

Celeste is the first neighbor to the south. About 3 miles. Her dad borders us. What a beautiful person she is. Leslie Madison founded this church before Calvary. Know him too. I lease grass from the Franks. Jason Badje worked for me one winter, doing chores. A small world, indeed.

Shortgrass said:
Celeste is the first neighbor to the south. About 3 miles. Her dad borders us. What a beautiful person she is. Leslie Madison founded this church before Calvary. Know him too. I lease grass from the Franks. Jason Badje worked for me one winter, doing chores. A small world, indeed.

We stayed at Loren Ws ranch when we were out there in '96. My wife spent time with Celeste after her terrible car accident. God worked a miracle and saved her life. We know Jason and Kris pretty well too. They're at Hay Springs, NE now, I believe.

Latest posts