• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Half done calving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Had this little guy this morning. Seeing as how I only have 2 cows to calve out, I am half done, and have a 50% calving rate.

calf1_zps0c9d89af.jpg

Looks good WP!! Sure wish you had some snow on the ground. Looks like it could be a long summer again. :( I have about 100 calves on the ground here so about 25% done. Sunday was a busy day had 17 calves. Oh yeah, whatever was causing those black calves must have went home because we gettin red ones now.

Curious as to what type of bull you had on that Longhorn. Possibly Angus? We have bred our Longhorns to an Angus bull for the last couple of years.

That's what cracker cattle look like only yours is twice the normal size of a cracker cow. :D Way before my time when the cattle ran loose here the cracker cattle had horns that went up like that instead of out. It is thought they became that way to get through the thick underbrush here in Florida.

I'm not real sure what the cow is. We bought her out of the sale barn. She had been a roping heifer. She raises a nice calf every year. Been breeding them to pure bred Longhorns. I have a pretty good out let for Longhorn beef, and as of right now, I have a couple guys that are interested in heifers.

Kbar2, I went back through my book, and I did have Greg's bull over here for a week. We had seen tracks in that west river pasture, but could never find him. Found him the day you brought bulls, so he was in there for a week. Guess you will get to do a test on Black versus Limmy calves. :oops: Sorry.

Latest posts