• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hanta Yo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
Hey there Hanta Yo---

How's calving going? I hope you guys are getting along well. How close are you to being finished?

I sure miss our fall calving herd--I like having little calves around twice a year instead of once--sure puts a smile on a persons face to watch them play.

Post some pics if you have some. I am sure Corky is great help at calving time!

Have a great day!

Cheers,

TTB :)

Hey, TTB!

We've been VERY BUSY, I'm so far behind on Ranchers.Net it isn't funny. Too many barn chores this year it seems. :mad: Half way done, have had 4 sets twins so far. We have a cow who is still keeping them together and taking care of the both of them out on the range. Her number is 808 and we call her Bob. Here is a pic with Corky pretending he doesn't see those two calves who look like they are up to something:
calvescorky.jpg

Here is a picture of a 2yr old laying with her twin babies before she "chose" one. The one she did not keep is in with the nurse cow.
twins2.jpg

Same heifer, nursing her babies.
twins.jpg

Nice cow, nice baby, nice freeze brand, nice udder!
nicecow.jpg

Turkey Lurkeys.
turks.jpg

Hey, thanks for asking! Now we have to get the *&%$*& yrlgs in to pick replacements today...we ship on Thursday :clap: :clap: :nod: :nod: :lol2:

Are you going to National Beef Cookoff in Rapid City? If so, I'll seeya there!

Have a great day, TTB

Hanta Yo :D

Nice looking cattle Hanta Yo,good to see you happy and doing well..................good luck

Why, many thanks, Haymaker, you're very kind. I love this time of year, starting to cool down, trees are just thinking of changing and the babies are sooo cuuuuute! :D :D

nicecow.jpg

[/quote]

Next time I see a well endowed female, I think I am going to say, "Nice udder"! :lol: :oops: :eek: :shock: :lol: :p

JB, when I was buying some of those $0.19/lb Woonsocket watermelons at the local grocery store I was almost inclined to compliment the grocery checkout gal on her nice melons. Then decided maybe better not! :shock: :twisted: :D

John SD said:
JB, when I was buying some of those $0.19/lb Woonsocket watermelons at the local grocery store I was almost inclined to compliment the grocery checkout gal on her nice melons. Then decided maybe better not! :shock: :twisted: :D

You probably should have! Might have been a real conversation starter and you might have hooked up and next thing you know, you got a wife and kids on the way! :lol:

What's a Woonsocket melon?

Nice nice pics of the cute cute babies and purdy mama's. Makes me look forward to calvin, ours purdy much all calve themselves, unless I just happen upon someone havin trouble, I haven't had to pull a calf in about 5 years.

TXTibbs said:
cute dog hanta yo....looks alot like my female corgi Concho...haha. Is yours a male....we should get together ;).....errr...are dogs should I mean...

Hahahahah! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our Corgi, whose name is Corky, is a male, but is a cryptorchid, in other words, only has 1 nut down. He also has a crooked left foot, we're thinking of getting him neutered because we really don't want to spread those genetics around. However, he has more personality and get go to more than make up for his physical problems!! He helped to load up the semi trucks with the yearlings, the truck drivers were quite amused watching the little low rider make those yearlings load into the truck!!!

We get rid of a couple more dogs around here, I think I'll start raising the little buggers. They are sooooo cute!!

Have a great weekend, TX Tibbs :D :wink: and take care.

zephyrus31 said:
Hanta Yo! I saw you at the get-together pictures just now and you're so pretty!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hey, zephyrus, are you sucking up for some reason? :wink: :wink: Thanks so very much for the compliment. It is greatly appreciated since we grammy ladies have such a hard time trying to look like we used to 20 years ago!! :wink: :wink:

Are you a she??

You have yourself a great weekend,
Hanta Yo

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
What's a Woonsocket melon?

Nice nice pics of the cute cute babies and purdy mama's. Makes me look forward to calvin, ours purdy much all calve themselves, unless I just happen upon someone havin trouble, I haven't had to pull a calf in about 5 years.

Thanks, Jersey Lilly.

We only pull calves with abnormal presentations. Usually the calves are small enough even 1st calf heifers have no probs. This year we only had to help 1 heifer have her calf...it was only 99 degrees outside and she was hot and didn't have much try in her. They are both doing well! :D

Jinglebob said:
nicecow.jpg

Next time I see a well endowed female, I think I am going to say, "Nice udder"! :lol: :oops: :eek: :shock: :lol: :p[/quote]

JB,

Naughty, naughty, naughty! You guys seem to jump on anything that seems a little sexual, even if it is about cows!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: Don't get mad, I'm just kidding :wink: :wink:

Have a great weekend,

Hanta Yo

Hanta Yo said:
zephyrus31 said:
Hanta Yo! I saw you at the get-together pictures just now and you're so pretty!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Hey, zephyrus, are you sucking up for some reason? :wink: :wink: Thanks so very much for the compliment. It is greatly appreciated since we grammy ladies have such a hard time trying to look like we used to 20 years ago!! :wink: :wink:

Are you a she??

You have yourself a great weekend,
Hanta Yo

Aww bless ya Hanta Yo!! Nah, I have to tell it like it is: All women (especially ranchers) are beautiful!! :mrgreen: The natural look is so much more gorgeous than what I can see in 'fashion' mags.. Oh and I'm a he by the way.. :wink:

OK, you used the "green grin" so I thought you were a she. The "green grin" is jealousy. I didn't think a guy would be jealous paying compliments to a female. I guess I'm a little old fashioned. Oh, well, what the heck do I know :???: :???: :???: :!:

A Woonsocket melon is a watermelon, muskmelon, or other melons grown near the small town of Woonsocket in east central SD. The soils and water there make for extremely good melons and squash.....probably any produce, but they are famous for the melons. We had both watermelon and muskmelon brought to us by my brother coming out from IA last weekend. They really were super tasty.

MRJ

Latest posts