• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Easter From k_ranch & I

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranch Mom

Reaction score
Okay, we had a couple willing participants and one not so willing, but here they are... Happy wishes to all of you, we got to spend some family time together today! and I got to play with some pictures. yoohoo, hope all of you did something you enjoy too.

sis in all her easter glory
LissyEastersmaller.jpg

Newbie following mom to cake
newbie.jpg

Double A's next herd builder
Aages.jpg

Brush's herd bull?
Sages.jpg

One of our new cows with her baby
DSC01413-2.jpg

First Drink
DSC01430-2.jpg

nice sight
DSC01431-2.jpg

We've got a rooster pheasant that just ' showed up' here. Since they are not native here he's got away from someone. His wings are clipped so he walks everywhere! We named him Frank!

He's in love with the green EZ Go golf cart. Mom sat in the golf car using a turkey squak box to call him up to see if she could lure him into the old chicken pens. No luck but man he's liking that golf cart. He'll follow it everywhere...to the barn and back again. You can even catch him sitting in it sometimes.

So far he's not ended up as coyote crap...which is a surprise!

Hello guys, been wondering how you were doing. Glad to see that things are looking good down your way. Stop in more often, and thanks for sharing the pics. Kids are just too cute! My boy was "helping" me suckle a calf a bit ago, and we had some interesting conversation. lol.

Thanks FH, right now we live near Wanblee SD near my parents' place. The cattle however remain in Bennett County at the very edge of the SD Sandhills. Not all that far north of Soapweed as a crow flies. The pics are of the place down there. I love it down there, really good country, just not enough room. :oops: :cry: :lol:

Kola, interesting... we have a lot of pheasants usually, but not so much lately with the dry years, so it is good to see when there are still some around.

Oh Tap, how funny, we have soo many good conversations in our house about tits and bags, and checking cow butts. lol hope you enjoy them, and write some of them down. I started taking a notebook and writing some of the best down, with the date, love going back through. Now in my classroom we have the same trouble, I have to do a farm animal unit in reading, and have ranch kids that want to discuss cows eating afterbirth and total townkids that have only ever touched a dog. It is hilarious, and I let the ranch kids educate them, no let's not talk about this here at school for my kids lol.

We are doing ok, but the commute is tough, two kids go west 25 miles to school-someone, often my folks must pick them up k_ranch has to stay around usually to get them to the bus, I go 35 miles north east to Teach, and k_ranch goes 65 miles or so to feed and try to keep on top of the calving the other two kids bounce between k_ranch, grandma, grandma lillian's daycare and preschool. I lurk here some, so does k, but just not able to post or visit as often. We miss you guys. lol Take care!

Nifty pictures, Ranch Mom. Your little girl is sure a cutie all prettied up in her Easter finery. The cattle are looking good. Enjoy the rain as it pitter patters on our roofs. :)

Latest posts