• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Fathers Day!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
Happy Father's day to all you dads out there...across the globe! Here is to all the dads out there who have ever wiped a tear from a small girl when she fell off of here trike or off of her horse and skinned her knee! Here is to all the dad's who cheered their son as he rounded first base and made a run for second...only to be tagged "out"! Here is to the dad's who got teary eyed as their youngest child climbed the bus for his first day of kindergarten....and followed the bus to make sure it got their safe and sound! Here is to the dad's who got up early on mothers day and helped the younguns fix breakfast for the mama who was actually allowed to sleep in on this day!! Here is to the dad's who, on this day, are out working in the field, checking cows and making sure the family has yet one more meal on the table! Here is to the dad's who have heard yelling, cussing and stomping of feet and slamming of doors when they told their teenager "No...you are not going out tonight...you are grounded"! Here is to the dad's who have raised children to grow into healthy, productive citizens of our earth....and to the dad's who children "lost their way" for whatever reason! Here is to the tears, the heartbreak, the loss and the victory of fatherhood! Here is to dads like mine who were not linked by DNA, but by something stronger.....love, honor, loyalty...heart and soul!! Here is to you dad for loving me through thick and thin, through tragedy and loss! Here is to the dads (like mine) who cried without shame as they gave the hand of their daughter over to the groom!! Here is to the dads who have held the tiny hands of grandchildren and passed on their hard earned wisdom to the future! Even if we did not seem to listening....we were!! Here is to the dads of the world today and everyday...you are loved and your children are blessed to have had you in their lives!!! Here is to the dads who are many miles away from their children today..you are still in our hearts and in our every thought today! God bless you dads!! your children love you!!

Called mine today - he is 75 and healthy.

But never know when he will make his final trip.

Ranchwife - your writing is good today - and I might add I fit a lot of those descriptions as do many who read here.

Funny story from a few years back. I am not one to raise my voice - and kids will tell you that when Dad gets real quiet he is real mad.

Anyway daughter number two gets out of line and storms off to her room. I go to the door and knock - like I always do. Ask if I can come in to finish the discussion. Daughter is brave and door is locked (did not know it was lockable until them).

She tells me to go away and f^$ off.!!

So I go back to kitchen and ask Mom to sit down with me - tell her I am about to "buy a door". I get a puzzled look and ask her to come down the hall and watch.

I knock again and ask if I can come in.

F(*&^ off dad!!

So I look at wife and say - "Well, I guess I am buying the door" Another puzzled look from wife and then astonshment as I kick it in.

I walk into the room - grab a chair - sit down and say - "Can we talk now?"

Daughter - eyes wide open - nods her head.

Long chat about life and 80 bucks later for the door it was all solved. I sprung for the cost of the door.

She laughs about it now - and I still chuckle when I remember the astonished look on her face.

She has since told me she was sure she was winning the argument - but when that door came in she was astonshed that her old fat Dad would do it!

Long and short in this house. There are two bosses that no one swears at, and there are two bosses that never raise their voice - unless it is a dire emergency - and at the same time those bosses demand their children face up to their problems - running from them only delays the inevitable.

Yup - being a Dad is a pain at times - but the benefits over all are more than worth it.

A good one to all.

B.C.

Ranchwife and Broke Cowboy- both such wonderful posts! And a chuckle about the door busting and daughter's :shock: - what a memory that must be! LOL!!
It reminded me about how quiet my dad has always been and was while raising my sister and me. He never swore and he and mom never ever fought. I cannot ever remember hearing them raise a voice at each other or even have an indignant tone. And my sister backs me up on that memory. At the time I thought this was how everyone's family was. Quite an eye opener to hit the real world!
Now Dad and Mom are in their 90's and sit holding hands much of the day, pretty much how they've gone through life together.

Holding hands, eh? God, that's sweet! I want to be like that with my man when we reach that age.

I didn't get to see my dad today, even though I should've taken the time to be with him. Now I'm feeling a little guilty. He's the only dad I'll ever have, and he's the best. I love him to pieces, I only hope he knows that.

Shelly

Gonna' step over the line here - asking forgiveness in advance.

Nothing to stop you from calling him up right now - or if he is close - drop what you are doing and travel. Couple hours of Sask driving is common for a coffee visit - so what the heck?

I love him to pieces, I only hope he knows that.

As for whether he knows how you feel or not, I would bet he does.

However - why not come out and say the words.

Do it before he dies and you will never have a regret. Wait untl after he is dead - never tell him - there will be regrets.

Sometimes we do things / do not do things - that we cannot ever change.

Long time ago I did that and live with it to this day - but I have made a major change - now I say the words that need to be said and withold the words (often as possible) that should not be said.

Words are like bullets - once spoken can never be called back. So good ones need to be spoken a bit more often.

Follow your heart and do the deed. You will feel far better for it.

My best,

B.C.

ranchwife said:
Happy Father's day to all you dads out there...across the globe! Here is to all the dads out there who have ever wiped a tear from a small girl when she fell off of here trike or off of her horse and skinned her knee! Here is to all the dad's who cheered their son as he rounded first base and made a run for second...only to be tagged "out"! Here is to the dad's who got teary eyed as their youngest child climbed the bus for his first day of kindergarten....and followed the bus to make sure it got their safe and sound! Here is to the dad's who got up early on mothers day and helped the younguns fix breakfast for the mama who was actually allowed to sleep in on this day!! Here is to the dad's who, on this day, are out working in the field, checking cows and making sure the family has yet one more meal on the table! Here is to the dad's who have heard yelling, cussing and stomping of feet and slamming of doors when they told their teenager "No...you are not going out tonight...you are grounded"! Here is to the dad's who have raised children to grow into healthy, productive citizens of our earth....and to the dad's who children "lost their way" for whatever reason! Here is to the tears, the heartbreak, the loss and the victory of fatherhood! Here is to dads like mine who were not linked by DNA, but by something stronger.....love, honor, loyalty...heart and soul!! Here is to you dad for loving me through thick and thin, through tragedy and loss! Here is to the dads (like mine) who cried without shame as they gave the hand of their daughter over to the groom!! Here is to the dads who have held the tiny hands of grandchildren and passed on their hard earned wisdom to the future! Even if we did not seem to listening....we were!! Here is to the dads of the world today and everyday...you are loved and your children are blessed to have had you in their lives!!! Here is to the dads who are many miles away from their children today..you are still in our hearts and in our every thought today! God bless you dads!! your children love you!!
- - -and Here is to Ranchwife for a heartwarming post which brought more than a tear to this Dad's eyes! :heart: God Bless You AND the 'Dad' who helped raise you!

Shelly said:
Holding hands, eh? God, that's sweet! I want to be like that with my man when we reach that age.

I didn't get to see my dad today, even though I should've taken the time to be with him. Now I'm feeling a little guilty. He's the only dad I'll ever have, and he's the best. I love him to pieces, I only hope he knows that.
You SHOULD have told him. :cry:

What a wonderful father's day we had, too!!! the weather was warm, mild with just enough clouds to keep it nice and we took "the man" to the river and went fishing....dug a pit for a fire, built a good bed of coals and cooked us some foil burgers for dinner and then finished off with the 4 little trout the boys caught!! The hubby got to spend the day just the way he wanted!! Hope the rest of you also had a wonderful fathers day!! :D

Guess he did spend the day as he wanted--in the wheat field in the AC cab of the combine-yep hot and finally a little drier and a good wheat harvesting day here in central KS. Should be done toward the end of the week if all goes well. Wheat is average and would have been 60-70 bushel if not for the frost damage in late April. But still a good crop. Also it turned off too wet for wheat,but by the end of this week we will be asking for rain for the corn-nver happy are we? Have a great day and be careful out there. I best go finish water jugs and cooler packing so we don't have to stop-hopefully!

ranchwife said:
What a wonderful father's day we had, too!!! the weather was warm, mild with just enough clouds to keep it nice and we took "the man" to the river and went fishing....dug a pit for a fire, built a good bed of coals and cooked us some foil burgers for dinner and then finished off with the 4 little trout the boys caught!! The hubby got to spend the day just the way he wanted!! Hope the rest of you also had a wonderful fathers day!! :D

Just wish we were home to help celebrate Father's Day with my man/her father. We did the best we could on the phone, sending e-cards, doesn't quite do it :cry: :cry: :cry: . My dad is in Florida, couldn't get him to answer the phone, :cry: :cry: :cry: will try again today.

HantaYo....like Christmas and valentine's day, it is simply marked on a calender for all to remember....do not worry, your "fathers day" will be when you and your girl are able to be home and celebrate with the man!! :wink: :wink: no matter what the date! :D

Latest posts