• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Fourth of July

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
The "Island Warriors" of 2/3 Marines suffered their first casualties of this deployment on Thursday of last week by a chicken sh%% towel head suicide bomber. This is for them.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Just before this big holiday,
A birthday for the U S of A,
There's some things that bother to me
So there's some things I want to say.

You all need to thank the ones
Dressed in Khaki or desert camo,
Cause freedom isn't exactly free,
And it's kept with guns and ammo.

We would not be having this holiday
Or have all of the events that are planned,
If not for the people who defend it,
Our military that protects this great land.

So do me a favor when you go to the parade,
And see OL' Glory coming down the street,
Shake the hand of every vet and soldier,
That you should happen to meet.

Before you go to that big picnic,
And eat way more than you deserve,
Remember the freedoms that you have,
Are guaranteed by those who choose to serve.

On your way driving to the rodeo
Be thankful, be thankful yes indeed,
That you're not going to be taking sniper fire,
Or blown up by a hidden IED.

And when you hit the beer garden,
Raise your glass to the girls and the boys,
That are out there doing their dirty jobs,
So you can sit here and play with your toys.

While you are at it, you should too,
Thank the parents, the uncles and the aunts,
The ones who raised those who choose to fight,
They gave them the courage, to put on the camo pants.

Be sure to honor those brave ones,
Who have answered to the call,
Cause our sons and daughters are at war,
While all the rest of America is at the local Mall.

Scott Wiley 2008

Great poem, Scott; well-written and from the heart. We will be especially thinking of your son and the others in his company as tomorrow unfolds. Thank him for us when you next talk to him.

Happy Fourth of July everyone.

Happy July 4th you dam yankees, hope you all have a good one!

A giant THANKYOU to all men and women in uniform on this 4th of July. Thanks for your sacrifice, for your courage and for your committment. And thank you to all their family and loved ones!! We love and appreicate ya'll!! Have a great 4th everybody!! And to our northern neighbors..... We kinda like ya too!!

Tell your son we're thinking of him and honor his group's work and hard struggles beyond imagining there.

Happy 4th to all on Ranchers.

Great poem sw.

Happy 4th to all.

I am going to Plentywood to celebrate and watch the parade. My wife's uncle rides with the black Horse patrol out of Billings. He and a another former Plentywood fellow are bring their horses up for the parade. The uncle rides a horse my son trained for him. :D

Thanks for the great poem, sw. I couldn't agree more. And a big thank you to your son and all the others protecting our freedom.

Nice work, sw. Tell John thanks for us. And tell him to pass it around.

Excellent! Thanks, sw, and we surely do appreciate your son and all who serve us so well.

Our son-in-law retires next Feb. after 24 years in the Air Force. He did a six month tour at Prince Saud AFB a few years ago, before the Iraq war, but has been undeployable due to medical problems for a while. He's a computer/radar tech and I feel he is a bit fearful of retirement. Plans to either get more education or a job, probably in some area of helping people. He was named Volunteer of the Year for his region including home base of Offut and several others in the nw USA a few months ago. They will remain in Omaha area, for which this grandma is thankful.

Other family members and friends are, or have been in Iraq, and universally understand the importance and necessity of that area to keeping extremist Muslim terrorism in check. I applaud and thank all who are helping our government in that endeavor.

mrj

p.s. please tell Hanta Yo hi from me. Haven't seen anything from her on here in a while. But maybe I've just missed it as there just isn't time for everything!

Thank you for the compliments, got rained out of the hay field again so I am on the computer, again. Got email from the Marine, they held a memorial service this morning for their fallen comrades. He seems to be in good spirits even though it is 120 degrees on this day.

The following Marines died June 26 while supporting combat operations in Al Anbar province, Iraq:

Lt. Col. Max A. Galeai, 42, of Pago Pago, American Samoa, Battalian commander

Capt. Philip J. Dykeman, 38, of Brockport, N.Y., company commander, Fox Co

Cpl. Marcus W. Preudhomme, 23, of North Miami Beach, Fla, JUMP team H&S Co

The Marines were assigned to 2d Battalion, 3d Marines, 3rd Marine Division, Marine Corps Base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii.

TAPS
DAY IS DONE...GONE THE SKY
FROM THE LAKES.....FROM THE HILLS
FROM THE SKY.....GOD IS NIGH

FADING LIGHT......DIMS THE SIGHT
AND A STAR....GEMS THE SKY
GLEAMING BRIGHT.......FROM AFAR

DRAWING NIGH......FALLS THE NIGHT
THANKS AND PRAISE......FOR OUR DAYS
NEAT THE SUN.....NEAT THE STARS
NEAT THE SKY...AS WE GO
THIS WE KNOW.....GOD IS NIGH

I just thought I would bring this back to the surface as there are so many new posters on this site anymore that many have never read it. After our time in Colstrip with a Gold Star family, my thoughts are even more red white and blue and you anti Americans can kiss it.

Happy Independence day everyone! To those of ya serving in the armed forces, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! We keep ya in our prayers every night! And to the familys who have sons and daughters or family members serving, A giant thank you also! We appreciate your sacrifice here at home! Thank you and thoughts and prayers to all who have paid the ultimate price! You will never be forgotten! Atleast by one family in the west desert of Utah! God Bless ya'll! :D

Happy 4th from the East Coast. Looks like a hot one but not as bad as what our soldiers in the Near East are up against. Our prayers to those of you defending our great country (and also defending much of the world) and prayers for your safe return to your loved ones. You deserve our deepest gratitude. :heart: :tiphat: :heart:

sw said:
I just thought I would bring this back to the surface as there are so many new posters on this site anymore that many have never read it. After our time in Colstrip with a Gold Star family, my thoughts are even more red white and blue and you anti Americans can kiss it.
Happy 4th Scott, and everyone! I'm afraid the anti Americans have infiltrated us on many levels! This 4th we're also thinking of one of our best friend's son, who's been in the Marines for about a year. Is in Okinowa (sp?) right now. I think that joining the Marines is probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Latest posts