• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
It's a day to count blessings and give thanks. I appreciate y'all and your kindness and friendship. I am grateful for the things I've learned from ya, good and bad. (Mostly bad)😂😂😂. But I am truly happy to count a bunch of ya as dear friends. May you have a fine day wherever you are and spend time with those you love.

Regards,
H'

Happy Thanksgiving 'H and to all those who post here, keeping this place alive.

We were planning to go to our grandson's for dinner, but our great-granddaughter is really sick.
They took her to the doctor last night and going back with her today as now she is running a fever. She's only 3 1/2, poor little tyke.
Her Mom was sick last night...so we are going to a neighbors for dinner. I'll take my pumpkin pie and homemade rolls with us there.

Happy Thanksgiving 'H and to all those who post here, keeping this place alive.

We were planning to go to our grandson's for dinner, but our great-granddaughter is really sick.
They took her to the doctor last night and going back with her today as now she is running a fever. She's only 3 1/2, poor little tyke.
Her Mom was sick last night...so we are going to a neighbors for dinner. I'll take my pumpkin pie and homemade rolls with us there.
Awe poor little lass, I hope she and her mum are feeling better soon.

Happy Thanksgiving! Debbie's got a turkey in the oven and is making all the fixens' ! Once the cows are fed, I'll have a real feast to look forward to! We anticipate three of our kids will be here, bringing pies and such. Two of our son's families are traveling to the other in-laws today, but that's OK. We live closer, so we get to see much more of them all the rest of the year! We have so very much to be thankful for!

You know, something that has been made evident to me this year is everyday oughta be a mini Thanksgiving. Regardless of where you live or the place you are in life, never forget how quickly this life passes. Cherish every single moment. And give thanks to the ones you love continually. Today is special for sure. But how grateful I am for every day I have to love my family and friends.
1 year ago today, our bunch was together on the desert. Sure do miss ya Dad. He's that handsome feller on the right.
A1FB685D-1F0D-4BFE-8829-D955BC233839.jpeg

That's so true!

I appreciate every moment. The good, the bad and the sad. The hard days that make the easy ones feel just that bit easier, the sadness that makes the happy times shine brighter. There is so much to be thankful for.

There's a poem (I can't remember the name or poet, mum used to have it on the kitchen wall) that goes "Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone, young or old alike...". Appreciate today and all the good and the bad that it brings because being alive means feeling it all and feeling it all means you're living 😊 it's all just great.

Last edited:
Now every day for me is thanksgiving
I remember all the years of hard work
With long hours, hardships, and perks
With a focus on money and making a living

Now looking back on those things so small
Just molehills I made mountains so tall
Climbing them wasn't all that hard a task
Once I removed fear and took off the mask

I learned to be thankful for every day every minute
You can never get it back, I don't care how you spin it
So today as with all days, I am thankful to have you all as a friend
Grateful I was accepted since I am a cattle ranching has been

So as this year approaches its close,
thanks for enduring my trivial prose

we loaded sacks of cake on back the Duramax as my cake feeding tractor needs new battery's. I drove it Sue on back Rex on a 4-wheeler and we moved the cows back to the Bozo pasture, there no pine trees and lot of grass but we have to haul water. Water pump needs work, so filled both tanks up from red head on a pipeline, whose well became a free flowing a year ago . Then a short nap before family and Thanksgiving dinner.

We are too far from family. The closest are 200 miles away. The rest are 400+ miles. But there is a family here who cook dinner for anyone who wants to come. They supply turkey, stuffing, and gravy the rest is pot luck. It is held in the old school (community center). There was about 30+ people there. We ate around noon. Some people leave to do ranch chores. The food is moved into the old gym where it is pretty darn cool. About 6:00 the food was pulled back out and we did round #2. There was enough food for twice that many people. I am stuffed better than the turkey.
Grandma Jean who is 93 said they have been doing this since before she was born. She said she remember when they cooked 22 turkeys. Now it is 3. Back in the day the ranches had a lot more hired men. There was still people trying to scratch out a living on homesteads. And the small gold mines were still operating. A fair number of poor people and single men.

Webfoot that brings to mind a Dennis the Menace cartoon. He was watching his mother stuff a turkey and the cartoon read, "today you are stuffing him, tomorrow he'll be stuffing us."

My mother-in-law had this message posted on a plaque that hung above her kitchen sink for years:

Thank God For Dirty Dishes

Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
By the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.

Author: Mary Stuber

Latest posts