• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Valentine's Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Happy-Valentines-day.jpg

Valentine.jpg

Hope each and everyone of you remember to tell those that you love......Happy Valentine's Day.

My valentine just surprised me with a replacement VCR/DVD player since our old one mostly decided to not work for us anymore. As soon as he gets it set up we'll finally be able to watch the video of Hanta and sw's ranch!
Meanwhile I've given the birds their valentine present outside, some sunflower heads we grew, some peanuts and leftover corn muffins all spread out on the picnic table right outside my computer window and they're so hungry they don't seem to mind the proximity.

My mom always fed the doves outside the kitchen window, they weren't the small one's like we have here they were big, almost as big as pigeons......Since mom passed away, dad still feeds the doves......

Which has me thinkin, and rememberin......

My mom and dad married in 1956 after only knowin each other for two weeks. Dad was workin in the oil field and mom was a car hop at a lil drive inn, in Odessa Texas. She said the first time she seen dad, he pulled up after havin been out on a job for 2 days, covered in drillin mud, said all she could see was his eyes, everthang else was mud. She said, "He was the cutist thang I'd ever seen" Dad ordered a hamburger, and mom sat down in the car with him and they talked while dad ate.

Dads story: He pulled in and ordered a hamburger, dog tired, and here came this lil gal all hippity hoppity happy, and plopped down in the seat next to him. He was only in town for somethin to eat, and had to get back out to the rig. He said the only way he knew for a fact that he could see her again, was to ask her to drive him back to work, and keep his car, to come get him the next day. So, that's what he did, he waited till mom got offa work, her shift was about over, and she drove him back to work, and kept his car overnight, picked him up the next evenin out on the location.
They were perdy much inseperable after that. Two weeks later they ran off to the next county and tied the knot.

I've never known two people more in love than mom and dad, they showed it in everthing they did. Very seldom was there a cross word between the two, and even when there was, you could always tell there was respect for each other, it never got ugly, just heated words. With a, "I'm sorry" not too far behind. They weren't big on Birthday gifts, or Valentine cards....those kinda things....they showed each other every day what the other meant to them. That's how it's sposta be.
Again.....Happy Valentine's Day ya'll.

Happy Valentines day? What do you mean, this is my anniversary, that is the anniversary of my becoming addicted to Ranchers.net :oops: We better have a celebration of some sorts, Mikes birthday, Clarences belated birthday and my anniversary, Maybe a touch of the Tangle Ridge? :???:

Latest posts