• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hard work on the ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

COWBOY

Reaction score
Howdy!

My name is Michael Rixon and I'm 33 years old live in a town called Köping in Sweden

I've been working with horse's total of 20 years as a stable attendant at Arab Stud farm

Have also been a stable executive at 4H- farm in Karlstad

My day to day work was to handle the farm all practical details, repair things that broken

Feed the animals, clean the barn floor

Last summer I worked as a truck driver delivering fruit and vegetables around Värmland

Since September 2004 I have worked at a concrete factory making concrete walls and roofs for houses in Stockholm and Oslo

I have a driving licence and truck licence

I have applied for different jobs as a Ranch hand in the US for many years.

Because I want to learn all about working as a Ranch hand, when I get a job I want to start as soon as possible

I love hard work.

I do have some questions about the job on the ranch

*When can I start?

*What will be my main work task?

*What's my salary?

*What permissions do I need?

*What kind of ranch do you run?

*Do accommodation coming whit the job?

*How many employees do you have?

Please contact me vith the address

Mikael Rixon
Borgmästaregatan 27 A
731 33 Köping, Sweden

Mobilphone +460707531444

Hi Michael.

First off I would say that you need to try to start at the ground floor, and not immediately set your sights too high until you gain some experience. Everyone has to pay their dues and work their way up. A lot of people that want to be "cowboy" as your handle implies have to learn that most of the work is not all glory, and a lot of damn hard lessons are to be learned.

My advice to you would be to do a search on western dude ranches where you could gain some riding experience, and make some useful contacts with local ranches.

If you want to truly succeed, don't act like you know it all at first, watch for all you can learn, and work hard. And foremost BE HONEST.

Ranchers respect honestly above all, and have no use for those that stretch the truth. They can see through Bull Sh** from their experience.

Good Luck

Cowboy- Contact some of the feedlots....I know around here, some of them are looking for help all the time- and have hired some young guys from Scandinavian countries before....Might have to start by driving feedtruck or loader- work your way up to riding pens...Pay isn't worth a darn, but it would be a start.....

OT what do you know about an international DL? As I understand it, a patrolman will almost never cite an international DL holder as the paperwork is excessive. Is this myth or truth?

Brad S said:
OT what do you know about an international DL? As I understand it, a patrolman will almost never cite an international DL holder as the paperwork is excessive. Is this myth or truth?

Could be- but I've seen patromen haul in many violators with international D/L's and hold them until they had posted cash bond- the true international paperwork.......Even some gypsy's with Yugoslavian ( or one of those countries) D/L's that were trying to tell us they were Canadian Indians- they made the mistake of not knowing we had jurisdiction over Canadian tribal members, even tho we didn't over the local Indians :lol: funny how fast those that don't speak English learn when in jail a few hours :) .

Years ago when the Canadians still came to the US we used to call the bank every Monday to get the exchange rate going at the time for posting bond- Patrolmen used to love to get the Canadians down to the borderline bars that were racing back before the border closed-- back before Canada had open bars on Sunday and gambling- and their money was worth something ( but many down here are speculating that if we keep financing these third world countries and shipping out jobs- their funny money might be worth more than ours soon) :???: ........

We had real gypsies come through a couple years ago -real tradesmen if swindling is a trade. They made a deal to paint an old farmer's barn, and before they finnished they'd figured out the old farmer was stuck in his house like shut in. So the rascals only painted the part he could see from the house and got paid. They had tricks that would baptise a horse trader, and they're smart enough to not come back.

Latest posts