• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has anyone heard from

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I visited with him awhile back. He's ok. Sounded like it was a busy summer at his house.

:D

Thanks for thinking of me!!!!!

My cowherd is building, building at a snails pace, but building. I just had my first set of twins here not long ago from a fall calving cow....both heifers. I have a few heifers I'm keeping back picked out. I have my butcher steer I'll keep when he's weaned picked out. I kept the worst calf I owned last year...keeping the best calf this year... :D My cows look the best they ever have at this time of year with having rain this year. I'm slowly upgrading my hay equipment...just got a pull behind sickle bar mower with a 2-way hydraulic cylinder and no pitman stick. I changed my farmall M from one way hydraulics to 2 way and big baled my first big bales this year. Going to have another small square baler by this spring. This is the first year I set back grass that hasn't been touched to put cows on when it snows....been dividing up my pastures also and letting grass rest. Got my first ever brush hog and it's helping making some areas get back to having great grass. I'm building more corrals and permanent pasture fences...just all kinds of stuff going on. My main focus here lately is getting my pastured pig operation going. I just brought a new young boar in from Ohio. I have 11 breeding females as of now and am building on that. I have a few young boars I'm feeding and evaluating. Got a couple butcher pigs started. I grew the most food ever this year. Just living the dream... :D

So glad everything is going your way - - - I love your picture stories - - - If you ever head thru central Indiana PM me and I will buy you lunch and put you up overnight if you need it!

Thanks, George! I really appreciate it! I hope all is well out your way!

Boys are doing great, Faster horses! 7 and 2 now. I think I worked the big one too hard in that 6 months to 4 years old age area because he's studying like crazy getting great grades and not so interested in hard labor... :D

What kind of pics do you all want to see?.. :D

I guess I can start with cattle and see what happens... :D

The twins on day one....first calf heifer

loving on twin 2

calling for twin 1

loving on twin 1

My current butcher pig....this was a little while ago....he goes next week to the butcher

my new ram lamb

more coming....

a new reg Berkshire boar I just got last Friday...born 8/9/14

He's really tame now

and likes tomatoes

a new reg Spotted gilt I got last Friday...she's really tame now too.

moving 6 1/2 week old reg Berks from my last litter to pasture...I took the littlest one off already from this litter and he was in with two new little boars at this time.

waiting for me to get everything ready for them

There's a little taste of what I've been doing. I hope I didn't bore anyone.

Old MacDonald had nothing on you. :D

Great pictures but better yet you had a terrific year of producing. things are looking really good down your way,and it looks like you have been busy. :D

The next time you need a new Boar my son's father-in-law breeds and sells breeding boars for several large operations and I'm sure I could get you a deal!

Keep the pictures coming!

Wishing a great day to you and yours

Great pictures, R A. You have a lovely ranch, and a fine touch with a camera. I see one of your horses and some of your pigs have earmarks. Is that how identification is established in Missouri? :wink:

katrina said:
Oh my gosh Thank You!! I really needed that!

Me too! Gosh, everything looks PRISTENE at your place.
Those pigs are darn cute! Cattle are nice and shiny which reflects
their good nutrition. Looks like your long-eared bull has worked good
considering how the calves look!

Where's the recipe for the biscuits? They look YUMMY!

Thanks for the photos. Enjoyed them all. I hope some animal rights
folks visit this site and see how well-cared for and clean everything
is at your place. You do a wonderful job taking care of your critters!

RA, thanks for posting those awesome pics. The flood of memories from my childhood of raising purebred Poland Chinas on dirt came rushing back. Your berks look great, and maybe someday when i retire from current job that doesn't allow me to own pigs, i will retire with 20 sows and 20 cows. Thanks so much for taking me down memory lane.

Latest posts