• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has anyone used Vitaferm?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Years ago my brother my brother used it all the time. Had scours one yr bad, then next summer started feeding it to his cow regularity year around. Took care of the scour problem never had a major out break. I'm sure he would still be feeding it, but cancer took his life a number of yrs ago. He swore by the vita firm mineral.

My Dad & I used it years ago, I didn't know it was still around. We liked it.

Yup it is still around. Have a couple younger guys that are using it. And not to open the whole mineral debate again, why are you thinking vitaferm.

It is all i have used for the last 5 years and i have no reason to switch. It is a little pricey at times but i think it more than pays for itself. Message me with any particular questions, I can get you some contact info to the nutrionist in st. jo.

Thanks for the responses. To be truthful I'm not as hung up on the mineral in particular, I can get a number of companies to supply good mineral. I'm more intriqued with the Amaferm as an ingredient in the mineral. There is a lot of research backing the claims they make on this product and I just wanted to see what that translated to out in the field. We winter graze so I would like a litte extra umph for a good price if I can get it. I'm also developing some bulls for sale in February (18 mos +) that I have gotten away with a forage diet but I'm wanting to make sure they are big enough come February. This ingredient sounded like something that could help them get there.

Mill Iron A said:
Thanks for the responses. To be truthful I'm not as hung up on the mineral in particular, I can get a number of companies to supply good mineral. I'm more intriqued with the Amaferm as an ingredient in the mineral. There is a lot of research backing the claims they make on this product and I just wanted to see what that translated to out in the field. We winter graze so I would like a litte extra umph for a good price if I can get it. I'm also developing some bulls for sale in February (18 mos +) that I have gotten away with a forage diet but I'm wanting to make sure they are big enough come February. This ingredient sounded like something that could help them get there.

I've formulated the "Amaferm" which is made by Vitaferm into a number of dairy rations as well as some show calf and goat rations. It works as advertised. Recommended feeding rate is only 3 grams per head per day but cost for the pure stuff is close to $8.00 a pound. Gives increased milk production, rate of gain and is not activated until consumed by the animal so no deterioration. Vitaferm minerals are also good but a bit pricy at times.

TexasBred said:
Mill Iron A said:

I've formulated the "Amaferm" which is made by Vitaferm into a number of dairy rations as well as some show calf and goat rations. It works as advertised. Recommended feeding rate is only 3 grams per head per day but cost for the pure stuff is close to $8.00 a pound. Gives increased milk production, rate of gain and is not activated until consumed by the animal so no deterioration. Vitaferm minerals are also good but a bit pricy at times.

This is extremely helpful, thank you!

I didnt know you could just by the amaferm?? Do you get in in 50 lbs bag? Is is pellet or granular?

It's real good mineral
Very hard to get even though the national distributor
Lives near Springfield Mo
He is always trying to get someone to sell it for him
If you are a large rancher and want to contract some he can fix you up
Delivered direct from the plant Ken Gillig he is a good guy down to earth and raises cattle himself

Latest posts