• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has GOD changed His mind?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DOC HARRIS

Reaction score
In what book of the Bible does God tell his people to "Clone" - - anything - - in order to reproduce any species? The OPERATIVE WORD here is CLONE!

DOC HARRIS said:
In what book of the Bible does God tell his people to "Clone" - - anything - - in order to reproduce any species? The OPERATIVE WORD here is CLONE!

To my limited knowledge, God didn't.
However... doesn't it also say man shall work "by the sweat of his brow" (no mention of an airconditioned tractor!
Or any kind of tractor for that matter)...so don't you believe we have to interpret the intention and continuity of meaning rather than hunt for a single word in Scriptures?

I'm just throwing this idea around since I'm not sure about cloning except I'm definitely AGAINST cloning people. One of you and me DOC is more than enough! :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
I wonder if Reader the second is a clone of Reader the first :???: :wink:

Y'know, Big Muddy rancher, I've been wondering the same thing. There's something about her that just ain't original! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

nr said:
DOC HARRIS said:

However... doesn't it also say man shall work "by the sweat of his brow" (no mention of an airconditioned tractor!
Or any kind of tractor for that matter)...so don't you believe we have to interpret the intention and continuity of meaning rather than hunt for a single word in Scriptures?

I'm just throwing this idea around since I'm not sure about cloning except I'm definitely AGAINST cloning people. One of you and me DOC is more than enough! :D

Interesting thoughts, nr. I wonder though, if you are comparing apples to apples. with your analogy.

He did say that we will work to earn our food, but I think that those who have an air conditioned tractor still know what it means to sweat.

The thing that He said that gives me pause in regard to this genetic enginering and cloning issue is that He made each living thing to produce "seed after it's own kind".

How do we get around that one?

Good point about "seed after its own kind." Obviously I have to give this more thought. :shock: :? There, I've done that and still don't know.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
nr said:
DOC HARRIS said:

Interesting thoughts, nr. I wonder though, if you are comparing apples to apples. with your analogy.

He did say that we will work to earn our food, but I think that those who have an air conditioned tractor still know what it means to sweat.

The thing that He said that gives me pause in regard to this genetic enginering and cloning issue is that He made each living thing to produce "seed after it's own kind".

YESSSS! Maple Leaf Angus - why - oh - why didn't I think of the "seed after it's own kind" when I came up with the post in the first place?? :roll: That is the absolute ultimate perfect answer to the question about cloning! ..............and talking about 'Apples'- - - - When old "ADAM" fell and got tangled up with Apple Vines (!) - - all Hell broke loose and we are now struggling through the results. Knowing "some" people the way all of us do,. . . .in spite of all the "good intentions" regarding cloning....... :twisted: PEOPLE ARE NEXT :twisted: and I sure as HELL don't want that! I hope NONE of us want that. God's Plan is working out. I trust Him!

Just a thought here but isn't cloning kinda in the line of genetic engineering? I don't know if it's right or not but the whole thing of us humans messing with things like genetics in corn seed and other things like that. They are living things, are they not? I don't know what to think on this. No yelling here(by the way) I'm just throwing out the thought.

CarlB said:
Just a thought here but isn't cloning kinda in the line of genetic engineering? I don't know if it's right or not but the whole thing of us humans messing with things like genetics in corn seed and other things like that. They are living things, are they not? I don't know what to think on this. No yelling here(by the way) I'm just throwing out the thought.
CarlB - I understand your thinking here regarding the similarities between "Cloning" and "Genetic Engineering". Perhaps it might be more easily visualized and understood if we compare the definitions of the two terms.

GENETIC ENGINEERING: The branch of biology dealing with the splicing and recombining of specific genetic units from the DNA of living organisms as in order to produce new species or biochemicals (emphasis mine).

CLONING: The technic of producing a genetically identical duplicate of an organism by replacing the nucleus of an unfertilized ovum with the nucleus of a body cell from the organism. (emphasis mine).

Now we can see that 'genetic engineering' designates manipulation of biological units for the purpose(s) of producing NEW species - whereas cloning concerns itself with producing absolutely identical copies of the SAME INDIVIDUAL (and of course the SAME species).

The terms are similar - - but not congruent.

DOC HARRIS said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
nr said:

YESSSS! Maple Leaf Angus - why - oh - why didn't I think of the "seed after it's own kind" when I came up with the post in the first place?? :roll: That is the absolute ultimate perfect answer to the question about cloning! ..............and talking about 'Apples'- - - - When old "ADAM" fell and got tangled up with Apple Vines (!) - - all Hell broke loose and we are now struggling through the results. Knowing "some" people the way all of us do,. . . .in spite of all the "good intentions" regarding cloning....... :twisted: PEOPLE ARE NEXT :twisted: and I sure as HELL don't want that! I hope NONE of us want that. God's Plan is working out. I trust Him!

The Tower of Babel didn't work out too good either.

I think we are starting to walk in some of the same steps that our far, distant past ancesters did with bad results.

MLA"The Tower of Babel didn't work out too good either.

I think we are starting to walk in some of the same steps that our far, distant past ancesters did with bad results."

You got that right, and in my humble opinion God doesn't change but people are always trying to assume the role. And that's when the sh*t hits the fan.

DOC HARRIS said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
nr said:

Speaking of Adam and apples did you know that Adam was a Mennonite?

Whose esle would be tempted by an Apple with a NAKED woman standing there. :roll:

Yeah, I trust God and His will more than my own will and everybody else's. I hope no one goes outside His will (which will only happen if God allows it) and wreaks havoc on us.! I'm not sure about cloning animals. I just have not formed an opinion yet. But for people, A resounding, "No!"

Good question Saddletramp. I would say yes though. Even with cloning, a human is being made. I bet evn those cloned animals have souls. The Bible mentions the soul of a turtle dove, and I think animals have souls. However, the physical body of an animal is for our use and responsibility. The soul will be taken care of by God. Human souls must be cared for thugh, regardless.

Latest posts