• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has this forum changed anyone's opinion?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ml

Reaction score
Been lurking for a long time watching debates rage back and forth and was just wondering if anyone has decided that maybe he/she was wrong and switched positions. Whether it be for/against any topic discussed here I'm truly interested in if you've changed your mind. I'd rather not hear things like "Yeah, I thought they had brains until..."

Myself? No, my thinking has not been swayed by anything said here for the year or two I've been reading, and I'm thinking it's pretty much the same for everyone else, if I can generalize you all. Just curious.

When the whole bse thing first started I thought we (on both sides of the border) were the same, neighbours and friends that would never do anything or support anything that would hurt each other other than just good old honest competition. Then when things dragged and R-Calf reared it's ugly head I began to get pretty hard feelings against americans in general.
This board has taught me that we still have lots of good friends and neighbours south of the line, that lot's of them are good honest folks just like most of us. I guess it's just a case of 'one bad apple' if you know what I mean.
Living in the greatest country in the world can get one thinking that ones country can do no wrong, so sometimes its also good to get perspective from south of the line too.

I keep wavering back and forth on many of these issues. Usually when the nasty comments and name calling start, I kind of make up my mind a little quicker. I'm still not sure about many of the issues discussed here, but then I don't have a closed mind about most things! :lol:

I keep wondering what all of this will amount to in 100 years.

YES, my mind has definitely been changed from what I have read on this forum. When I started here in August of 2002, I thought that R-Calf wore the white hat and NCBA the black one.

Don't feel that way anymore.

And I do think my opinions were formed because the only input I got was from Agri-News and Western Livestock Reporter. Both are owned by Pat Goggins and are headquartered in Billings, Mt.

Opinion changes? Well I think that may be the case with me.

I know more about R-CALF, USDA, CCA, CFIA, and so on than I ever did before. I used to trust them and think they were really acting in our best interests. No longer - it is money and power and prestige that drives many in those orgs. At least in my opinion. And I now truly believe gov't orgs have agendas other than what they were originally designed for.

I was such an innocent less than two years ago.

As for posters out there, I think it is because I make a serious attempt to take each person - north or south of the border - on their own merits. There are days I tend to disagree with them on some issues and agreee with them on other issues.

As I watch folks argue and sometimes get a bit testy I will back out of a discussion. No sense yelling through a keyboard.

In the end I figure some who find it easy to point fingers would be very, very different if they were sitting down with others at the kitchen table.

I have had some interesting - and yes - very polite PM conversations with some of the more aggressive posters here. So that is why I believe my comments about the kitchen table are true.

So, I have managed to change my opinion on many issues and I have certainly change my opinion of some writers - especially the "yellers" - due to PM conversation.

All in all it has at times been quite educational.

ml wrote:

Myself? No, my thinking has not been swayed by anything said here for the year or two I've been reading, and I'm thinking it's pretty much the same for everyone else, if I can generalize you all. Just curious.

So, I think some answers may surprize you!

B.C.

Well since we are gonna start spinning,let me have a go at it. I had an open mind when I started reading ranchers but after carefull studing the posts and replies I slowly but surely could see R CALF was truthful and factual,and how some of these folks are brainwashed and blinded by packer programs..............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Well since we are gonna start spinning,let me have a go at it. I had an open mind when I started reading ranchers but after carefull studing the posts and replies I slowly but surely could see R CALF was truthful and factual,and how some of these folks are brainwashed and blinded by packer programs..............good luck

One thing haymaker I always can use a good laugh first thing in the morning. You saying you have a open mind is Laughable.

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

One thing haymaker I always can use a good laugh first thing in the morning. You saying you have a open mind is Laughable.

Yup bout 10 am,I kinda figgered you would get up :roll: ...........good luck

They don't call him "Hobbles" Haymaker for nothing, what is Hobbles anyway. A friend told me it is something in and around Texas!

HAY MAKER said:

Now that I have picked myself up off the floor and went to the bathroon as I almost wet myself laughing Good spin there Haymaker you got you had an open minded and R-CALF is truthful and factual in the same statement :shock: :lol: How can you look yourself in the mirror in the morning after typing "surely could see R CALF was truthful and factual" :roll: How many lies does this group have to be caught in before you will admit they wouldn't know the truth if it bit them. :? Come on you have got to be a non believer just putting on a act of support to see what others can come up with to prove they lie through their teeth :wink: Tell me its so Haymaker :nod: :lol2: :clap:

Latest posts