• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hauled Hay

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
Well my friends all got together yesterday and hauled 800 round bales in off my hayfields which were in a 6 miles radius of my farm they started at 8 a.m. and finished at 3pm the 4-h and lions club donated and served a great meal it seamed like all were having a great time at one time they were unloadig 3 semi's and 4 goosenecks with 2 tractors and 2 skid loaders was a busy place and something that I really appreciate.Ever seen a grown man cry I did yesterday I was overwhelmed by the help there were people helping I have never met before yeasterday and now today I can call them my true friends.I owe them all greatly.Dr.says 4 more weeks off my leg then I can get busy paying them all back..Too all of them I say thank you...

Hey, that is great Denny. I hope you are healing up from your mishap. Sounds like you live in a real good community.

I have been thinking lately about why this ranchers.net is a neat place to spend a little time. It is very simular to what you experienced yesterday. It is a neat website because most everyone are good caring folks. I think the in the communities that most of us live in that you would never see things going on like are happening in New Orleans. I am embarressed as a citizen of the US to see all the looting that doesn't involve food or water. I hope that it is on a smaller scale than we are led to believe it is.

In our area if there is a death or natural disaster, folks come out of the woodwork to lend a hand. You don't have a lock for your doors, and you are always ready to help a needy stranger. I live along the hiway here where it is a long way between towns and neighbors, and have helped countless people out when they needed it. One young gal even spent most of the night on our couch several years ago when her car broke down in the middle of a -25 below zero night. I am not patting myself on the back here, just showing that we would not consider acting like some of the lowlifes are acting during their disaster.

I am sure that is why lots of people live in areas like yours even though they could make more money away from agriculture living in a bigger city.

Congratulations on your day yesterday.

What a nice story Denny. It makes it all worth while living in a community that's like yours. We live in a community where we dont hafta lock our doors either. Even tho we do have the occasional break ins. We've never had anyone break into our house but the way I see it...if they want it..a locked door aint gonna stop em...just be less I hafta repair after they are done.

As for the looters in the aftermath of Katrina....I dont git it..what are those folks gonna do with a television??? No electricity and no place to put it. It's beyond me sometimes how their minds work. I have no problem with someone stealing food and water. If they'd channel their energy into picking up and cleaning up, by golly the work would get done alot faster. I think all those people that thought they needed to stay should be commandeered and put to work. More man power, the quicker it's gonna be cleaned up. I know there are those that "can't work" the old and young. Also...have any of you, or is it just me, noticed all the lumber layin around that could be reused if they just would??? Instead of piling it up with dozers...give em a hammer and start pullin nails and stackin it up.

Uh oh...hubby just came in says we havva water leak....lol

As a survivor of Southern twisters, an F4 'bout 8 yrs ago, the lumber you see on the TV in great piles looks useable enough....BUT....it is shatterred beyond belief.

We thought we could salvage some that blew onto our farm but it looks stable enough but the innards of the 2x4's & whatever else etc are just shattered and sometimes won't even hold a nail.

It's all you can do is pile it up and burn it. Besides, they can't even get enough folks in there to get food and water out to where it's needed.....there is no way they can get enough 'pickers' in there to go through that lumber that is full of dead cats, dogs, people, horses, cows, stink and stench and lordy knows what else.

Good idea but just won't work

Well was a thought...and your right...the lumber looks usable....I guess not ever having gone thru somethin like that I dont know...like alot of us watchin this awful tragedy on television. man I feel for those folks.

Denny said:
Well my friends all got together yesterday and hauled 800 round bales in off my hayfields which were in a 6 miles radius of my farm they started at 8 a.m. and finished at 3pm the 4-h and lions club donated and served a great meal it seamed like all were having a great time at one time they were unloadig 3 semi's and 4 goosenecks with 2 tractors and 2 skid loaders was a busy place and something that I really appreciate.Ever seen a grown man cry I did yesterday I was overwhelmed by the help there were people helping I have never met before yeasterday and now today I can call them my true friends.I owe them all greatly.Dr.says 4 more weeks off my leg then I can get busy paying them all back..Too all of them I say thank you...

I haven't been keeping up with the forum for a few months so I didn't even know you got hurt Denny. Them's some good friends you have up there! Hope you get back in shape soon!

Tom

Denny
You were not the only lucky person in the deal, you gave a lot of good people a chance to help which is a very fullfilling thing to do. Your sincere thanks and gratitude are the ''pay'' that can not be equaled 8) This is a winning deal for all involved and is what makes it a better world for all of us. May all that were involved have many good memories of a day well spent :clap: :cboy:

In 1977 my Dad got hurt, (left hand injury). The neighbors called my Grandma, and me and my next younger brother "got" to stay home from school. Dad had baled about 8000 little bales of cane, and the neighborhood decided to come over and bring it in.
We had an awesome lunch, got to visit some, and stacked the h@#$ out of 80# little squares.
As I recall, even the neighbor who was not so welcome, had his loader with a sweep head on it, ran lown on hydraulic fluid before lunch. He's dead now, but he was helping out, at the time.
We always helped him get his bulls, or his yearling heifers home ; by fall.
He had a real interesting way with critters; checked a lot of cows with two or three colts tied to the back of the stock trailer.

PS:
I'da dang sure bought the hay truck up to help; if i'da only known about the event. These are the times you find out how good a neighbor you have been. And hoped you didn't have to find out.

Tom S said:
Denny said:

I haven't been keeping up with the forum for a few months so I didn't even know you got hurt Denny. Them's some good friends you have up there! Hope you get back in shape soon!

Tom

Yea I've noticed you haven't been on here much.I had a horse rear over backwards and broke my hip in 4 places plus my tail bone its been 3 weeks now and I am getting along quite well.Dr. says 4 more weeks with no weight on it Sure HOPE I can stay down that long I'm going crazy...

Denny,
Really glad to hear you're mending but I know from just breaking a little ol tailbone once that you aren't pain-free by any means so hope that all eases up quickly.

I always tell guys I have been busting my butt for the company, but it looks like you really did!!

hope ya heal faster than I do!

There have been experimentations done whereby more and more rats are placed in cages - to the point where the rats begin to eat each other! If one thinks about that - it is understandable why LARGE over-populated areas demonstrate similar symptoms. Has always been thus.

Our Lord said, " A new command I give you: Love one another." John 13: 34. Also, " So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you" Matthew 7: 12. And "- - Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22: 39.

I feel that these Biblical admonitions are more easily accomplished in a Rural environment than in an Urban Rats nest.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
There have been experimentations done whereby more and more rats are placed in cages - to the point where the rats begin to eat each other! If one thinks about that - it is understandable why LARGE over-populated areas demonstrate similar symptoms. Has always been thus.

Our Lord said, " A new command I give you: Love one another." John 13: 34. Also, " So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you" Matthew 7: 12. And "- - Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22: 39.

I feel that these Biblical admonitions are more easily accomplished in a Rural environment than in an Urban Rats nest.

DOC HARRIS

Yup, my thinkin' all along too! :)

Latest posts