• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haulin water

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
We have no source of water other than our stock tanks (ponds) so when we pen and wean it's my job to haul water out to the calves. Took a few pics yesterday evenin, also has my new "old" lil toyota 4x4

2005-09-19-001.jpg

2 - 55 gallon barrels, fill em up at the house n haul em out and put the syphen hose in and wait.................

2005-09-19-004.jpg

heifers millin around waitin for the water to fill up their tank

2005-09-19-005.jpg

Also put out some mineral for em....they was lappin it up

2005-09-19-008.jpg

Sniff sniff

2005-09-19-009-copy.jpg

I love this time of day

2005-09-19-024.jpg

Headin to the house

I have a pasture that has only seasonal water. :( I placed a 2,000 gal fuel oil tank on a hay wagon :eek: ( good heavy JD gear) and I fill it at the house or at the creek - - - I put a 5hp pump on the back and it will fill at the creek in 19 minutes :D . I put spray booms on the front so I can water roads with it also. :) When I need to water the cattle I use a float and it will keep them several days. :) If Katie ever gets around to it I will post a picture :? . If you are interested I will give more details. Very little expense but great results. :wink:

using your 55 gal. barrels in a horizontal position would speed it up. use the 2 in hole and put a ball valve on it, then the little hole gets a ball valve and addapter for the hose.

fill it up with the small hole, then dump it out of the big....opening up the small one for a vent.

That Toyota pickup is sporting a pretty jazzy paint job. The nice uniform calves and the pretty sunset make for some good looking pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Hehehe Faster horses there aint hardly a time when ya can catch me outta my boots. thems 24/7 boots almost.

Jigs,
I know I've been tryin to get hubby to do that for me for a couple years now. I'm the one that hauls the water most of the time, so I it's not on his list of high priority things to do. Oh well it gets the job done and only takes about 10 minutes to syphen the water out, I use a hose in both barrels at the same time most of the time.

Soapweed,
My lil truck is kinda snazzy lookin if I do say so myself...lol hubby told me if I got the urge to paint somethin tho...I could paint the truck anyyyy way I want to. But it is lacking bumpers, front and back.....I really neeeeeed those. Can't do no cow encouraging without bumpers!!! He said he'd git them on as soon as he can get to it.

I like the way you tell a story with your pictures Lilly,and I agree with the rest ,that's a snazzzzy lil truck....................good luck

Latest posts