• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay down

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Round bale country even those selling hay because ranch here use bale beds, or hay busters, unrollers or spinners. I make 4x5+ because 2-3 people can get them out of the stack on that day the tractors gelled up. Baled till 7 last night, tractors in the field, hydraulic jack , baler jack and blocks under the back end, valves up so not leaking chloride. not sure but bet it was a deer antler. Call W-Bar first thing monday hope he can make it out quick.

had a chat with my Neighbor told me I and another guy whom he grazing his cows get his hay. 1000 lb. 5x 4.5-5-foot round bales at $70 each. So $140/ ton some I need a tractor to load and haul while he bales. the Intermetal rye grass

Last edited:
1658077680012.png
back in Star Valley , irrigated meadows 11 years ago

Last edited:
had a chat with my Neighbor told me I and another guy whom he grazing his cows get his hay. 1000 lb. 5x 4.5-5-foot round bales at $70 each. So $140/ ton some I need a tractor to load and haul while he bales. the Intermetal rye grass
Please haul me four semi loads of that $140 a ton hay when ya have a minute.

The second crop of alfalfa here was about 2 1/2 tons an acre. It took a couple of rains but baled up looking better than the first that took 6 or so rains. The 3rd is sure looking good and it is dry and hot but has lots of irrigation so it should be a premium cutting. So far no buyers for the lower grade 1st and 2nd cutting. The cost of trucking is a big factor in the selling price since most hay around here gets trucked out.

We should be starting this week but it hasn't stopped raining and the bucktoothed little b tards think I should keep the irrigation on half of Morrison Meadow. They are just dying to keep at their job!
Hasn't been hot yet so grass in still growing, we will need two weeks of dry weather just to get on the ground.

Latest posts