• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay is looking good

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
All the rain we have had has sure helped the hay fields. I have splashed this field twice with the irrigation and the grass is about 4 feet tall and more in places. Middle of June and even the places with no irrigation are still pretty green.

P6152947.JPG
P6152942.JPG
P6152943.JPG

I must say there Leanin, that I do admire your courage in trying to ranch Area 51. :alien: I will give Elon a jingle today and get your name in to be the first rancher on Mars.
17162935kupHGMZv.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the sprinklers should have been going in March.
It's a piece of leased ground I just picked up. Had to rebuild the pipe line and kill a bunch of brush. It's not comparable to you and Webby's meadow ground. Just wanted to show the vast difference between our places.
I choose to live on a desert. So I'm not complaining. But it's tough for sure.

It's a piece of leased ground I just picked up. Had to rebuild the pipe line and kill a bunch of brush. It's not comparable to you and Webby's meadow ground. Just wanted to show the vast difference between our places.
I choose to live on a desert. So I'm not complaining. But it's tough for sure.
That will grow a bunch of feed with water on it.

Well the water got turned off Seein' as how we have 64-70 mph winds all day today and tomorrow and Sunday. I think some of my water made to Webfoot's place today with this dang south wind.

I live in a desert. Step out of the meadow and it is sage brush with a little grass mixed in. I am just lucky that a small river runs through the middle of my place. There are two ditches that feed off that river. Just happens that the head gates for both ditches are on my property. If I don't have water, nobody has water. The down side is all of my valley meadows were laid down by the river. It is one big gravel bar with about an inch of top soil. It is a good thing we have lots of water from that rive because this place sure drinks it.

Latest posts