• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay is looking good

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I live in a desert. Step out of the meadow and it is sage brush with a little grass mixed in. I am just lucky that a small river runs through the middle of my place. There are two ditches that feed off that river. Just happens that the head gates for both ditches are on my property. If I don't have water, nobody has water. The down side is all of my valley meadows were laid down by the river. It is one big gravel bar with about an inch of top soil. It is a good thing we have lots of water from that rive because this place sure drinks it.
Scrape off that 1" of topsoil, put it in your wife's garden, and then get out your shovel and sluice box. There are lots of gold flakes in those sand bars. Maybe a nugget for the dedicated overachiever. I still have earrings I made from very small Burnt River area nuggets. Today's value is around $200. If I figure my time at the minimum wage during the late 70s, then I have about $7000 in them. :confused:

Scrape off that 1" of topsoil, put it in your wife's garden, and then get out your shovel and sluice box. There are lots of gold flakes in those sand bars. Maybe a nugget for the dedicated overachiever. I still have earrings I made from very small Burnt River area nuggets. Today's value is around $200. If I figure my time at the minimum wage during the late 70s, then I have about $7000 in them. :confused:
We figure there is a million dollars worth of gold under that upper field. It would only take 2 million to get it out of the ground. We are sitting on a gold mine here.
They were mining big time up Clark Creek. Earlier there must have been 20 big camp trailers in their camp. A new wash plant, 4 big haul trucks, 4 excavators, 2 D9 cats, and assorted small equipment. I don't know if fuel price is getting too high but I have seen several big things go past on low boys headed out. I should have swung by yesterday to see if they are still running.

Pretty good hay around here this year
2E25BF08-0D26-414D-A6E6-B0E27639E7FB.jpeg
477DCFEB-19F5-4AB5-B7D4-994D5B00F6FE.jpeg

Latest posts