• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HAY MAKER,hard at work

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
IMG_0061.jpg
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
Oh cool!!! What a beautiful neat antique desk! A cozy room.

My patchwork desk is made of: one half of the drawers from the bottom of an old roll-top desk, an old bookcase holds up the other side and the top is part of a wood wall, the whole measuring more than 4 ft by 8 ft. And still it is disorganized. But maybe you've charged some of us up to tidy things a bit, Haymaker!
Like your TWO (2)white plastic hats, also. :wink:
 

Shelly

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Hell, Haymaker. I'm doing that exact same thing right now! Feet up in the front window, leaning back in my chair, smoking a cigarette. Only thing missing is a cup of java, wish these guys would get up and get motivated and take me to the local coffee shop for some. Don't ask why I don't make my own! I haven't mastered the recipe yet!

BTW, looks like a real nice house you got there. Love the shade you get off them trees outside those windows.
 

Jinglebob

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
5,962
Reaction score
0
Location
Western South Dakota
nr said:
Oh cool!!! What a beautiful neat antique desk! A cozy room.

My patchwork desk is made of: one half of the drawers from the bottom of an old roll-top desk, an old bookcase holds up the other side and the top is part of a wood wall, the whole measuring more than 4 ft by 8 ft. And still it is disorganized. But maybe you've charged some of us up to tidy things a bit, Haymaker!
Like your TWO (2)white plastic hats, also. :wink:

Are you going to harass me about my straw(palm leaf) if I wear it to the get to gether?

Are you just picking on Haymaker or what? :lol:
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Maple Leaf Angus said:
HAY MAKER - what the heck does a Texan have an ice tong hanging on his wall for?

Those old tongs used to belong to my kin many years ago when people got along and times were simplier,they got a lot of use.A little before my time I might add...................good luck
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Shelly said:
Hell, Haymaker. I'm doing that exact same thing right now! Feet up in the front window, leaning back in my chair, smoking a cigarette. Only thing missing is a cup of java, wish these guys would get up and get motivated and take me to the local coffee shop for some. Don't ask why I don't make my own! I haven't mastered the recipe yet!

BTW, looks like a real nice house you got there. Love the shade you get off them trees outside those windows.

Well a hard working girl like you needs to rest a little,its saturday.I know my outside chores are gonna slow down,August around here is brutal,get it done early or forget it till tomorrow..........good luck,Shelly
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Jinglebob said:
nr said:
Oh cool!!! What a beautiful neat antique desk! A cozy room.

My patchwork desk is made of: one half of the drawers from the bottom of an old roll-top desk, an old bookcase holds up the other side and the top is part of a wood wall, the whole measuring more than 4 ft by 8 ft. And still it is disorganized. But maybe you've charged some of us up to tidy things a bit, Haymaker!
Like your TWO (2)white plastic hats, also. :wink:

Are you going to harass me about my straw(palm leaf) if I wear it to the get to gether?

Are you just picking on Haymaker or what? :lol:


She likes to pick on me Jinglebob,like I dont have enough folks doing that already :D :D .............good luck
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
HAY MAKER said:
Jinglebob said:
nr said:
Oh cool!!! What a beautiful neat antique desk! A cozy room.

My patchwork desk is made of: one half of the drawers from the bottom of an old roll-top desk, an old bookcase holds up the other side and the top is part of a wood wall, the whole measuring more than 4 ft by 8 ft. And still it is disorganized. But maybe you've charged some of us up to tidy things a bit, Haymaker!
Like your TWO (2)white plastic hats, also. :wink:

Are you going to harass me about my straw(palm leaf) if I wear it to the get to gether?

Are you just picking on Haymaker or what? :lol:


She likes to pick on me Jinglebob,like I dont have enough folks doing that already :D :D .............good luck

Don't worry, I won't be picking on ANYBODY at the get-together, straw hat, plastic hat, coonskin hat or otherwise since you'll all probably come with yer guns!..... and I promised Faster Horses I'd mind all my p's and q's, not bring any skits, and not embarrass anyone. (It's a good thing its a short get-together!!!)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Haymaker- You stole my best working position-- You could be Sheriff material :lol: :lol:
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
HAY MAKER said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
HAY MAKER - what the heck does a Texan have an ice tong hanging on his wall for?

Those old tongs used to belong to my kin many years ago when people got along and times were simplier,they got a lot of use.A little before my time I might add...................good luck

Maple Leaf Angus, We've got ice tongs hanging beside the kitchen window too plus some other old tools. I like looking at them. Reminds one how easy life is now. Used to have a scrubbing board hanging but it made my knuckles sore just seeing it!

If I can figure out all over again how to post pictures ...
 

ranchwife

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
0
Location
ennis, montana
Faster horses said:
Haymaker, I KNEW you knew how to live!!!

ALL RIGHT! :)

Love that hardwood floor and those winders...nice, real nice, all of it!
Does your face fit the rest of the room? :wink:

Yeah, Haymaker......what's with hiding your face??? :wink: :wink: Come on...let's see ya!! :D :D
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
I can't find the DOGS, Hayman?

Your wife don't fuss about those smelly boots on the floor next to the desk? That would sufficient terms for divorce here. Or a good fight at least.
 

Maple Leaf Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Ontario
HAY MAKER 'n nr, I was surprised to see what could be considered a "northern" tool hanging on display so far south. Maybe when you say 'long ago', yer talkin' about the ice age 'cuz I didn't think you would ever have ice where you live. Do ya? :???:
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Maple Leaf Angus said:
HAY MAKER 'n nr, I was surprised to see what could be considered a "northern" tool hanging on display so far south. Maybe when you say 'long ago', yer talkin' about the ice age 'cuz I didn't think you would ever have ice where you live. Do ya? :???:

The "Ice Age" down this way was before electric refrigerators. Some people still call the fridge an "Icebox".

The "iceman" would have a tong in each hand carrying a 50 lb. block.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
katrina said:
Man Haymaker, Your hair is whiter than mine... :p :p :p :wink:
Do like the digs though....

Yup,I was white headed since I was 21 years old,now I can justify it 57 years old :wink: ........good luck PS I dont know who's avatar is funnier your's or casa paloma's.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Mike said:
I can't find the DOGS, Hayman?

Your wife don't fuss about those smelly boots on the floor next to the desk? That would sufficient terms for divorce here. Or a good fight at least.


When I know she is coming I get my boxing gloves out,luckily that's not real often,got a lady that comes to clean and she will threaten me about leaving stuff around but I dont pay her much attention,I figger IM too old to be bossed around too much. :D ..........good luck
 

Maple Leaf Angus

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Ontario
Mike said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
HAY MAKER 'n nr, I was surprised to see what could be considered a "northern" tool hanging on display so far south. Maybe when you say 'long ago', yer talkin' about the ice age 'cuz I didn't think you would ever have ice where you live. Do ya? :???:

The "Ice Age" down this way was before electric refrigerators. Some people still call the fridge an "Icebox".

The "iceman" would have a tong in each hand carrying a 50 lb. block.

Mike, thank you for completing my education in the science of ice tongs. You doofus. You are explaining grass to a cow!

What I would like to know is if you guys down in Alabama, S.C. and Texas ever have cold enough weather to make thick ice on a pond, river, lake . . . :???:
 

Latest posts

Top