• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HAY MAKER'S PLACE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Some of this year's crop & HAY MAKER

IMG_0297.jpg

I like that hat--- a pound or two more dirt and sweat soaked into it and it would look like my work hat :lol: Having a hell of a day- had a hydrant go bad and am now trying to call around and find another one-- and they are predicting record highs (around 100) with 40 mph winds....Hope no one sets any fires.....

HAY MAKER said:
HAY MAKER said:
Some of this year's crop & HAY MAKER

IMG_0297.jpg

Typical Hill Country
IMG_0319.jpg

Time to do a little maintenance
IMG_0295.jpg

The cock of the walk
IMG_0288.jpg

Front porch,where me and the boz _ packers,talk cattle & weather
IMG_0207.jpg

Nice Bull I like
IMG_0162_2.jpg

almost forgot to post my heifer bull.
IMG_0219.jpg

Is that a lil banty rooster haymaker? He's a perdy lil thang....but not perdy enuff for a wiener dog trade.
Yeap that's the hill country alright.. Nice pics haymaker...
Think hubby needs to take lessons from you on machinery and shop upkeep.
Nice homeplace too. I like the limestone n that front porch. Gotta swang on that there porch?
Lilly

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Is that a lil banty rooster haymaker?

They do kind of look alike don't they Lilly :lol: :lol: Good looking place Haymaker-- I'd never find what I needed in that shop- too clean...That picture of the country almost looks identical to the ones my sister sends me of her place on Llano River....

Is that a lil banty rooster haymaker? He's a perdy lil thang....but not perdy enuff for a wiener dog trade.
Yeap that's the hill country alright.. Nice pics haymaker...
Think hubby needs to take lessons from you on machinery and shop upkeep.
Nice homeplace too. I like the limestone n that front porch. Gotta swang on that there porch?
Lilly

Yup plenty seattin on the front porch,gotta swing too,alright,two banty roosters for weiner :D :D

Oldtimer said:
Is that a lil banty rooster haymaker?

They do kind of look alike don't they Lilly :lol: :lol: Good looking place Haymaker-- I'd never find what I needed in that shop- too clean...That picture of the country almost looks identical to the ones my sister sends me of her place on Llano River....

Yeah OT, this Hill country is pretty much all the same ,caliche hills and pretty fertile river and creek bottoms,problem is there is a hell of a lot more hills than bottoms...........good luck

Oldtimer said:
I like that hat--- a pound or two more dirt and sweat soaked into it and it would look like my work hat :lol: Having a hell of a day- had a hydrant go bad and am now trying to call around and find another one-- and they are predicting record highs (around 100) with 40 mph winds....Hope no one sets any fires.....

Yeah I dont really like a hat till it takes on a lil character,on the weather Ill be glad to see winter, we made about half the hay we normally do,get this year over and try again,maybe we will have better luck,bout the only good that has come outa it,gave me lotsa time to play on the computer :D :D got the boz's callin me a computer nerd :D :D ..........good luck

Shoot, Haymaker, you don't even have your work clothes on! Your way to purty to be greasin' and wrenchin' in them clothes! :shock: :lol:

That hill country looks like it would make fine cattle country. You even got some trees to tie a mad, fightin' cow, too! I'd like yo come down and ride in it sometime. Probably the winter time would be best, when it's still warm there and cold up here! :)

Jinglebob said:
Shoot, Haymaker, you don't even have your work clothes on! Your way to purty to be greasin' and wrenchin' in them clothes! :shock: :lol:

That hill country looks like it would make fine cattle country. You even got some trees to tie a mad, fightin' cow, too! I'd like yo come down and ride in it sometime. Probably the winter time would be best, when it's still warm there and cold up here! :)

Well I had to spruce up for my picture,lots of ladies around here :wink:
You are welcome round here any time ,and you are right about winter,some of you cowboys would call our winters spring :D ....good luck jinglebob.

Them banty roosters keep ya warm at night? ........

Sure hope wrangler aint readin over my shoulder...he'd bite me for typin a question like that....!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure those banty roosters will keep you warm,get one of em around your feet and the other fluffed up around your ears,sleep like a baby.And ole wrangler and me will be just fine .............good luck PS I hope you like to get up early cuz the lil devils start crowing before day lite :D

You left out a picture of the old John Deere!

How do you keep your work clothes so clean Haymaker?

Thanks for the pics.

Mike said:
You left out a picture of the old John Deere!

How do you keep your work clothes so clean Haymaker?

Thanks for the pics.

I dont, I figger to take some french lessons tonite so I got spruced up,how many house guests you got?...................good luck PS be me I would send one of them to the package store :wink:

Nice pics. Your house looks to have lots of character, probably just like you!!!

feeder said:
Nice pics. Your house looks to have lots of character, probably just like you!!!

Thank you for the compliments feeder,I see you are in Iowa,has your weather been crazy up there too,me and old Timer was talking weather and I believe he agrees with me, get this year over and see what happens next year,can't be no worse than this,been drier than a covered bridge around here :wink: ...........good luck

For us, it has been hot and dry. Four miles either way of us have had good rains and the crops look good there. I was just in the corn field and there is one ear per stalk. Last year there were 2 good size ears per stalk. But we can't complain, we do have a crop. I don't feel we will have to worry about getting the corn dried down enough, it is very advanced and denting hard. Beans are changing fast also. Now the fun begins; harvesting the fruits of our labor.

ya know, haymaker, when the hubby and i drive around to looky-loo at houses that we dream of someday owning, i have a habit of pointing out ones that looking amazingly like yours!!! Cozy, just enough room for the kiddos, nothing overly fancy......homey!!! :D

Latest posts