• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HAY MAKER'S PLACE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife said:
ya know, haymaker, when the hubby and i drive around to looky-loo at houses that we dream of someday owning, i have a habit of pointing out ones that looking amazingly like yours!!! Cozy, just enough room for the kiddos, nothing overly fancy......homey!!! :D

yup thats what I did built what I needed,its about 2100 sq feet,thats big enough for me.Around here you sure dont want to get to big this whole area is full of doctors and attorneys that pass a bond issue every damn year if they could,taxes are mighty high and get higher every year,Im really thinking about selling this place...............good luck

Early riser?.......yeah I rise fairly early....I still got one kiddo that I hafta git off to school in the mornin's. but wrangler is a male..he can take a nap just about any time and any where....just git still n he's out.
But them lil banty roosters start crowin way before early.....they borderline on night owls....I had one, one time, and a few lil hens, but the chicken monster got em. Poof .....gone......nothin but a few feathers left.

reader (the Second) said:
Yep, Hill Country. Makes me nostalgic. Great house, very typical except the porch is a nice touch. Nice trees. I could tell you dressed up for the pic but your workroom is cleaner than my house :mad:

Yup had to spruce up for my picture,do you miss the TX Hill country reader?

Nice pictures Hay Maker. Your place looks real nice. All spiffed up and ready ta go out are ya? 8)
What would winter be like for you there? Here it is freeze your goodies off if you were not wearing a tonne of clothes.
My gal pal out in Texas couldn't take the winter here.

Jessie said:
Nice pictures Hay Maker. Your place looks real nice. All spiffed up and ready ta go out are ya? 8)
What would winter be like for you there? Here it is freeze your goodies off if you were not wearing a tonne of clothes.

TX is a big state,get up there in the pan handle and they get plenty snow get in far south TX and it might not even freeze that winter,I get a little of both being in the TX hill country,freeze one day ,then in the eighties the next...............good luck Jessie

Nice place, haymaker! You really aren't thinking of leaving it, are you?

I really like the style of your house. And my husband was really impressed with your neat shop.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I didn't think you were that big/tall of a fellow from the earlier picture of you by your desk.

The coldest I've seen it here in south east texas was back in 94, we had a ice storm. Freezin rain and sleet. Pine trees were so heavy with it that it had em bent over with tops nearly touching the ground. Lot of the big one's snapped and broke taking power lines down with em. Was 16 degrees for 4 days strait with no electricity.....and we were calvin'. Made me really appreciate the fact that I'd handled my cows with cubes. Several calves had to be carried up to the barn with mama follerin' real close. We dont have a barn to put critters inside, but the hay barn had a lean to cover on one side that we put panels up around and hay inside so them babies could finally get dry instead of layin out there in the freezin snow.
That's when I learned, that you can cook a store bought pizza on a wood stove...hehe

Were these pictures taken in Heaven??? :? Grass, rolling hills, Trees - - - if there is a down side you did not show it. :D

reader (the Second) said:
HAY MAKER said:
Jessie said:

TX is a big state,get up there in the pan handle and they get plenty snow get in far south TX and it might not even freeze that winter,I get a little of both being in the TX hill country,freeze one day ,then in the eighties the next...............good luck Jessie

I remember round about Thanksgiving one year in Austin, the temperature dropped 70 degrees and I'm not kidding. Being from California, I had NEVER seen the like. Summer stretches from March to November in Central Texas and longer in the South. But it can go from summer to a good solid winter day in a matter of 6 hours.

Holy Moses :shock:

Latest posts