• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haymaker- Maybe we can start Whiskey Blend Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Wine-Fed Cows Are Fat And Happy

Make WFMY News 2 Your Home Page

A Washington rancher feeds her cows a wine blend to make the meat tender and keep the cows happy.

Walla Walla, WA -- A new grazing technique is causing quite a stir in the beef industry.

One rancher began feeding cattle what amounts to wine. Lynne Chamberlain says it makes her cows happy and the meat tender too.

She feeds her cattle a mixture of grape "leftovers" from her winery, corn and molasses.

Chamberlain says the grape mixture is actually alcoholic and she feeds it to her cattle just before slaughter to make them lazier and fatter.

Chamberlain says she discovered the effect the grape mix had on the beef by accident while promoting her wine.

She says although every one who tries the beef expects to taste wine or grapes, they are never disappointed.

Chamberlain feeds the winery blent to about ten head of cattle on her farm.

She has been getting calls from restaurants as far away as Florida and New York about her "cow-bernet" beef.

Chamberlain says the grape mixture is actually alcoholic and she feeds it to her cattle just before slaughter to make them lazier and fatter.

OT I don't think you and Haymaker need any of this stuff. :cowboy:

Believe it or not old timer I bet it would catch on,several of us around here put a little whiskey in our steak sauce.We could call it WHISKEY BEEF its whats for supper,now thats a slogan the beef check off oughta run,make me feel I was gettin my moneys worth lol...........good luck

Haymaker the cattle were fed wine not whine-of which u and your R-Calfer's are conneousieurs of. Why don't you and your ficticious 16,000 members pull all your cattle off the fat market and bring the packers to their knees. How about posting that membership list with some e-mail addresses so a person can ask these people if they really support your cause-I think there are lots who would gladly distance themselves from the R-Calf rhetoric.

Northern Rancher said:
Big Talk from a tiny mind.

NORTHERN RANCHER,I dont want to get cross wise with you,as I believe you to be a straight shooter,but on these R CALF numbers,they are the ones the R CALF office gave me...............good luck

Oldtimer said:
Wine-Fed Cows Are Fat And Happy

Make WFMY News 2 Your Home Page

A Washington rancher feeds her cows a wine blend to make the meat tender and keep the cows happy.

Walla Walla, WA -- A new grazing technique is causing quite a stir in the beef industry.

One rancher began feeding cattle what amounts to wine. Lynne Chamberlain says it makes her cows happy and the meat tender too.

She feeds her cattle a mixture of grape "leftovers" from her winery, corn and molasses.

Chamberlain says she discovered the effect the grape mix had on the beef by accident while promoting her wine.

She says although every one who tries the beef expects to taste wine or grapes, they are never disappointed.

Chamberlain feeds the winery blent to about ten head of cattle on her farm.

She has been getting calls from restaurants as far away as Florida and New York about her "cow-bernet" beef.
- - -are you supposed to "roll" the "Cow-bernet" (terrific term!) around on your tongue before letting it smoothly slide down your throat and experiencing the "Bouguet"? Although, on further thought, perhaps she should be careful feeding too much of that good stuff to the bovines - they may become (are you ready for this) - - al-cow-holics! Okay, I'll go quietly.

Latest posts