• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haymaker, Sandhusker, OT, and any RCALFER's

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
Please tell us again how the US beef supply is safer than all others? What precautions are you taking that other countries are not, against BSE?

Is your survelance as accurate as other countries?

Has it been as accurate as others?

Has your feed ban been effective?

Murgen said:
Please tell us again how the US beef supply is safer than all others? What precautions are you taking that other countries are not, against BSE?

Now play nice Murgen... remember its different this time its American B.S.E not to be confused with Canadian B.S.E, and therefore is no risk to Americans.

Murgen said:

what's your point as a canuckle head you oughta be a lot more worried about BSE here than I am,# 1 this will have minimal effect on consumer demand,so my market is fair # 2 "no exports equal no imports" you seem to be forgetting where the market is aint you boy?.............good luck PS IM not sure bout this so dont hold me to it ,but I heard some of these ole boys around here dont give a Damn about exports or imports.

what's your point as a canuckle head you oughta be a lot more worried about BSE here than I am,# 1 this will have minimal effect on consumer demand,so my market is fair # 2 "no exports equal no imports" you seem to be forgetting where the market is aint you boy?.............good luck

Living in the state that produced the first domestic case of BSE, you're sure cocky!

Domestic demand went up here after our first case, hope you can say the same!

No exports equal no imports, well aren't you bright this evening! Maybe you can justify that later when your beef trade deficit climbs!

Where is the market Haymaker, China, Japan, close yourself in your closet and come out in 20 years, you'll realize what was going to happen anyway!

By the way, what is the desease, they call hobbles in Texas, sounds alot like BSE, but they bury those animals, don't they?

Murgen said:

Murgen, at this time in light of the recent actions of our beloved USDA, I don't know what the he!! we have in this country.

I know what you're getting at, but when R-CALF made those statements, we had yet to find a native case of BSE. They were made under the assumption the USDA was doing what they promised they would do. Now, I don't see how anybody can not take anything the USDA says without a grain of salt.

You look at the Creekstone deal, the USDA stamp policy, etc... and now this - I give them a huge vote of "no confidence".

know what you're getting at, but when R-CALF made those statements, we had yet to find a native case of BSE. They were made under the assumption the USDA was doing what they promised they would do. Now, I don't see how anybody can not take anything the USDA says without a grain of salt

The only people that didn't think it would come sooner or later was RCALF, keep digging, it will get better!

The USDA didn't have control on whether you got BSE or not, just what they did with the info. when you did.

RCALF had control on the image they portrayed when you did find it, they screwed up immensely! They have lowered the confidence in the food system more than any org. in history. All along the NCBA has been saying that beef is safe, do you disagree with them?

TOWING THE PUBLIC LINE IN PUBLIC IS SOMETIMES GOOD, WHILE IN THE BACKGROUND YOU ARE QUESTIONING SAFEGUARDS.

But RCALF made this a media scrum, so now live with the consquences.

All this could have been done in the background, without damaging consumer confidence, it was RCALF that published press releases everyday. In their mission to increase memeberships, if not why would they publish any increase in memberships? In a veiled attempt to justify their cause?

Murgen said:
know what you're getting at, but when R-CALF made those statements, we had yet to find a native case of BSE. They were made under the assumption the USDA was doing what they promised they would do. Now, I don't see how anybody can not take anything the USDA says without a grain of salt

The only people that didn't think it would come sooner or later was RCALF, keep digging, it will get better!

The USDA didn't have control on whether you got BSE or not, just what they did with the info. when you did.

RCALF had control on the image they portrayed when you did find it, they screwed up immensely! They have lowered the confidence in the food system more than any org. in history. All along the NCBA has been saying that beef is safe, do you disagree with them?

R-CALF has lowered confidence? Horse crap! Why do you think this media event started with the announcement of the test? Why did it escalate when the test was announced positive. What it R-CALF's actions or the USDA's? Who has dropped the ball on this? Is the USDA's credibility being questioned because of a R-CALF statement or by the USDA's actions? Geeeeeze.

R-CALF has lowered confidence? Horse crap! Why do you think this media event started with the announcement of the test? Why did it escalate when the test was announced positive. What it R-CALF's actions or the USDA's? Who has dropped the ball on this? Is the USDA's credibility being questioned because of a R-CALF statement or by the USDA's actions? Geeeeeze.

This media event didn't start with the US case, it started May 20th, 2003, and RCALF were the instigators. They used it for their own purposes, trade! This would not have been such a big issue if RCALF on May21st would have said that "both countries have safeguards in place" or might have the Court action placed more media scrutiny on the issue? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Murgen said:

This media event didn't start with the US case, it started May 20th, 2003, and RCALF were the instigators. They used it for their own purposes, trade! This would not have been such a big issue if RCALF on May21st would have said that "both countries have safeguards in place" or might have the Court action placed more media scrutiny on the issue? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

So R-CALF should of simply kept quiet while the USDA and AMI once again steam rolled over US producers so the packer's income stream would not be interrupted? And hey, do I need to check your posts to find you questioning the US's safeguards?

I've always knew the safeguards in place were not up too snuff, it was you and others that argued that I was full of beans. Not so now, eh?

EH, is Canadian slang for a question mark, if you didn't know!

There are alternative ways of getting things done, other than advertising them in the media. RCALF has always used the media, so let' s git er done!

Latest posts