• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haymaker- We've almost lost Minority Status!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Haymaker- Did you read the latest Cattlemans Newsletter? US cattlemen are wakening up every day-- R-CALF membership raised by 1679 new members in Jan. and 1817 in Feb...

Can't even be many nonmembers left in South Dakota as they increased by 960+ members in those 2 months--- Montana gained only 570 (but we are a more sparsely populated state).....

Today at the sale- Short-term (11-13 year old) pairs were bringing $1200+.........More are finding it hard to argue with solid facts like that.....

Do you know that memberships are sold to non ranchers too?? Business owners are buying memberships.Non farmers and ranchers are not the ones buying memberships...

What a sad state of affairs this industry will be in when lies become the "voice of this industry".

The truth will prevail, it always does.

~SH~

hat/nebrasker I didnt ask a question. And besides all that stuff i said about business`s buying memberships Is made up i said it too see what kind of a reaction you would have... lol

Les said:
Do you know that memberships are sold to non ranchers too?? Business owners are buying memberships.Non farmers and ranchers are not the ones buying memberships...

A rather significant part of NCBA is non ranchers. I believe cow calf is at about 60% of membership. They also have foreign members, businesses, etc. In R-Calf only members that own cattle can vote. So I guess the above quote is nul.

Les said:

Les- And why do you think all these business's are buying associate memberships and donating funds to R-CALF's legal fund? Could it be that since the border closure and the absence of all the Canadian imported cattle that they have seen their local economies thrive like they haven't in years :) ....

I dont know that they are like i said i made that statement up for my enjoyment just like you r-calfers make sjit up to suit your needs...

Oldtimer Les- And why do you think all these business's are buying associate memberships and donating funds to R-CALF's legal fund? Could it be that since the border closure and the absence of all the Canadian imported cattle that they have seen their local economies thrive like they haven't in years :) ....[/quote said:
Why not tell them the whole truth. The prices you are receiving are the result of a cyclical reduction in DOMESTIC cattle slaughter and beef production whcih is consistent with previous initail periods of domestic herd expansion. This cycle occurs approximately every 25 years or ahve you forgotten? It is not the result of the Canadian boarder closure as you and R-Calf claim. Would you care to debate the REAL FACTS with me as opposed to your fictitious belief regarding the primary reason for the higehr prices being recieved by domestic producers? Have a great day and a safe weekend.

agman said:
Oldtimer Les- And why do you think all these business's are buying associate memberships and donating funds to R-CALF's legal fund? Could it be that since the border closure and the absence of all the Canadian imported cattle that they have seen their local economies thrive like they haven't in years :) ....[/quote said:
Why not tell them the whole truth. The prices you are receiving are the result of a cyclical reduction in DOMESTIC cattle slaughter and beef production whcih is consistent with previous initail periods of domestic herd expansion. This cycle occurs approximately every 25 years or ahve you forgotten? It is not the result of the Canadian boarder closure as you and R-Calf claim. Would you care to debate the REAL FACTS with me as opposed to your fictitious belief regarding the primary reason for the higehr prices being recieved by domestic producers? Have a great day and a safe weekend.

------------------------------------------------

Agman-You'll have a tough time convincing many ranchers that are seeing everyday new RECORD PRICES -- that have been holding steady now for a couple years...Or the banker thats getting his notes paid, the car dealer that can't get pickups in fast enough, the implement dealer thats selling more new tractors than they have in the last 20 years, etc. etc.....The timing may be just coincidence- but the longer the border stays closed and prices stay up more people are reallizing the negative impact the Canadian cattle imports had........

I thought you said before you didn't believe in these cattle cycle theories--I've never heard of the 25 year one-- Harlan and the boys are always spouting the 7 year or 10 year cycles....Whats this 25 year (twice in a lifetime?) one?

Oldtimer said:
agman said:

Agman-You'll have a tough time convincing many ranchers that are seeing everyday new RECORD PRICES -- that have been holding steady now for a couple years...Or the banker thats getting his notes paid, the car dealer that can't get pickups in fast enough, the implement dealer thats selling more new tractors than they have in the last 20 years, etc. etc.....The timing may be just coincidence- but the longer the border stays closed and prices stay up more people are reallizing the negative impact the Canadian cattle imports had........

I thought you said before you didn't believe in these cattle cycle theories--I've never heard of the 25 year one-- Harlan and the boys are always spouting the 7 year or 10 year cycles....Whats this 25 year (twice in a lifetime?) one?

Oldtimer said:
agman said:

The ones who understand supply and demand do not have a difficult time understanding the real reason prices are up. Excellent demand until this year and a 1.7 billion pound declin in domestric beef production last year. Beef production YTD is also down in case you don't know. Imports are also down this year. Do these basic facts escape you?

Regarding the cattle cycle and major price cycle I have never stated I do not believe in the cattle cycle. If you have proof otherwise please make a post. I have done more research per this subject than most analysts ever will. Every presentation I make begins with a history of the long term cattle price cycle. For your info: the cattle cycle is generally 10-11 years. Five-seven years of buildup and three-four years of liquidation. However, approximately every 25 years, consistent with the buildup phase of the cattle cycle prices are ratcheted to a new and higher plateau. WE are in such a cycle now. It was very predictalbe, just as the downside will be. The previous price cycle peak was 1979-1980. The one prior to that was following the severe drought in the mid fifties. Care to guess the timing of the other major price cycles? My records go back to 1920. What historical data have you ever thoroughly analyzed to equip yourself to understand the facts as opposed to baseless opinion?

Agman- Every presentation I make begins with a history of the long term cattle price cycle. For your info: the cattle cycle is generally 10-11 years. Five-seven years of buildup and three-four years of liquidation. However, approximately every 25 years, consistent with the buildup phase of the cattle cycle prices are ratcheted to a new and higher plateau. WE are in such a cycle now. It was very predictalbe, just as the downside will be. The previous price cycle peak was 1979-1980. The one prior to that was following the severe drought in the mid fifties. Care to guess the timing of the other major price cycles? My records go back to 1920. What historical data have you ever thoroughly analyzed to equip yourself to understand the facts as opposed to baseless opinion?[/quote]

Agman;

Would you either post your findings or send them to me PM or let me know how to get them, please? I find the price cycle very interesting and have never understood why we can't learn from past mistakes and history. Thanks.

Oldtimer said:
Haymaker- Did you read the latest Cattlemans Newsletter? US cattlemen are wakening up every day-- R-CALF membership raised by 1679 new members in Jan. and 1817 in Feb...

Can't even be many nonmembers left in South Dakota as they increased by 960+ members in those 2 months--- Montana gained only 570 (but we are a more sparsely populated state).....

Today at the sale- Short-term (11-13 year old) pairs were bringing $1200+.........More are finding it hard to argue with solid facts like that.....

Yes old timer I have seen the numbers,slowly but surely R CALF will create fairness in the markets,with the other cattle ORG. losing members regularly and R CALF gaining new members daily ,its just a matter of time
till we can focus on The captive supply reform act & M cool if we could get that done, I say swing the gates to Canada open and lets trade,as long as the is no chance of a health risk.I believe this BSE problem has taken some of the attention off these two issuses..............good luck

Tom S said:
Les said:

A rather significant part of NCBA is non ranchers. I believe cow calf is at about 60% of membership. They also have foreign members, businesses, etc. In R-Calf only members that own cattle can vote. So I guess the above quote is nul.

You made a good point TOM,every once in a while I think about joining the NCBA,they say the best way to change an org. is within,but they go and do some thing stupid,and I just shake my head and wonder how long they can last...............good luck

Tom S said:
Les said:

Tom S. are you referring to both the Federation division and the Policy/Dues payer divisions of NCBA? The Federation div. is comprised of members of the many cattle organizations in the various states making up the state Beef Councils. They are not required to be dues paying members of NCBA, though some are. Only the Policy division should be considered for this "contest". That is comprised of a little over two thirds cow calf producers, a little under one third stocker/ feeders, with the rest "other", which might include some of those you mentioned.

Is it true, as we have been told, that when a donation is made to R-CALf a "gift" membership is given to someone, either young children of the donor, or others not necessarily related to the donor, for each $50.00 donated?

MRJ

geez I didnt think i would get this much milage from something i made up at the spur of the moment......... guess it is true tho by the looks of it. maybe i should make uop a story about me winning a lottery and see if it comes true.....

Latest posts