• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heading North

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jake

Reaction score
Going to be driving up to Bismarck for the Schaff Sale weekend after next. There happen to be anybody else going to be in attendence?

Last year my route included Thedford, Valentine, and Pierre. Probably going to duplicate it as I can never get enough of that country.

I have met several of the folks over on CT but have yet to do so with anybody that I have met here.

We went up last year and had a blast. Spent the night after the sale at the Lonesome Dove, so a bunch of young guys that we are had a good time. I will have a seven foot tall kid with me so we are hard to miss.

Jake said:
I have met several of the folks over on CT but have yet to do so with anybody that I have met here.

We went up last year and had a blast. Spent the night after the sale at the Lonesome Dove, so a bunch of young guys that we are had a good time. I will have a seven foot tall kid with me so we are hard to miss.

Well, at least your 7-foot tall companion will be able to walk in at the beginning of the sale, place himself in the standing-room-only section and still be able to see the action. I attended last year and found the rather large sale barn to be extremely full. Short folks hadn't a prayer unless a seat was taken at an early point. :shock:

If it's not too late already. Been up there about the last 8 years in a row and last year was the first never getting anything bought. Guessing I won't get anything bought again this year but it's fun to watch anyway.

I had the same issue last year, think I bid once. Doubt my blood will be rich enough this year. But it is nice to have something to compare the breeders closer to home to.

Latest posts