• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

heartbreaker!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
good morning, all!!! Figured I had better get this posted before I check the cows one more time before heading off to bed!!
Spent the afternoon and evening watching our Ennis High school boys and girls basketball teams lose in loser-out action in Belgrade!! The boys went completely winless this year, but they are a very young team and the next 2 years will be interesting!
My daughter ("Gus") played all but a few minutes of the Ennis game against Manhattan!! Darned good game and they kept it close til they got into foul trouble in the last few minutes!! My heart came to my throat however, when in the 3rd quarter, Gus collided in mid-air with another player!! Even the folks in the nosebleed sections of the bleachers could hear the sound of their skulls colliding..... :shock: My Gus lay very still for one heart-stopping moment at which I found myself tearing out of my seat....then she stood up and told the coach "no, I am fine....do NOT take me out...let me stay in!!!"....and that was exactly what she did...she did not cry...she did not whine...she stayed in and scored and stole the ball a few more times just for good measure!! The tears stayed in check til the girls got onto the bus for the long drive home....then, she cried "for the seniors who just played their last game...should have won this one for them if for noone else"...what memories she will have now!! Yes, I sure am proud of her!!! :D Will post a few pictures tomorrow when she has recovered enough to help her computer illiterate mama!! Til then, I will be waking her every few hours, just to make sure she did not give herself too much of a head injury!! :cry:

Thanks for sharing. Isn't it amazing how many emotions we as parents live through with our children. I could just feel your hurt, your worry over her being injured, and the pride you have for her in your post.

Too bad they lost the game,but thank-goodness shes ok!She sounds like a team player all the way around!

Sounds like one tough young lady with lots of charachter. Couldn't help but think to myself that someday there will be one lucky young man, BUT.....Every once in awhile she'll give a look that sure as heck can be backed up, LOL.....

Sounds like Gus has learned a lot of lessons sports was supposed to teach long before hitting the court. Tell her one that will help her in life is to not carry the weight of the world on her shoulders though. Sounds like she is fine as is, not everything is her fault or can she control,

PPRM

That is the scaryest feeling when you child is hurt and you cant help. I am so glad she is ok.
Tell her they did win. Maybe not on the score board but in the real game. She gave the "seniors" a memory that will change them more so then a win would have.
You have one awsome young lady.

She has "intestinal fortitiude" and it will see her through tougher things than a basketball game. Hope she has no lingering effects from her konk on the head. I know first hand head injuries are very scary, even potential ones. But you are there with her checking on her, and I bet she is just fine.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today.

BTW,

I was that kid with no quit in them that held the weight of the world on my shoulders.. One morning I broke the middle toe on my left foot. But we had a game that night and I was the Rebounder (5' 10). We had a game that night against Lagrande, so I didn''t say anything. we got blown out so in the middle of the fourth quarter, I asked the coach to take me out. Pulled the shoe and it was prettty Black with some blue. He asked when it happened and I said this mornin. Never forget the look on his face.

Anyway, the weight of the world and always wondering what I could have done was a bit extreme. After one fotball game I blamed myself for a loss cause a kid that was twice my size ran me over and got a first down. I don't think they scored on that drive, but that is what I held onto. That kinda thinkin can interfere with a lot of joy in life,

PPRM

This is Ranchwife's daughter, Gus. Thank you all for your well wishes and I'm doing alright... a bit of goose egg on the back of my head, but nothing too serious. It sure was a heartbreaking loss, but I still have one more year to get them back :wink: :wink: Let's just hope that next year is more successful :p

Latest posts