• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heartland Series

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
I am hooked on watching it which is a surprise to me since I never liked soap operas. It is no more than a soap opera with mediocre acting and the fight scenes resemble the old west John Wayne movies. Be that as it may, I love the scenery and the basic theme of the show although I am more of a cattle girl than a horse girl. I was never into horse jumping, but sort of beginning to like it. I have always loved trick riding but I was never brave enough to try it. I think I might be a great trick rider these days as actually balancing on a moving horse would be a trick.

It peeves me that none of the young ladies listen to me when I warn them that their guys are not right for them. That is except for Amy and yes, Tye is the right one. It occurred to me what is missing in the story. Grandpa Jack needs assistance with his daughters, besides his girlfriend, so I wrote in my addition.

A knock on the door is answered by Lou the oldest daughter. She sees a lady about her grandpa's age and notices a striking resemblance in the eyes and nose. The mystery lady asked if Jack Barton lives there. She says yes, who are you. The reply is I am Faye and need to speak face to face with Mr. Barton.

Upon coming in, Faye approaches the dinner table where all are seated. Faye explains that only recently she discovered that she wasn't an only child. She shows birth records that she was born at the same hospital at the very same time as Jack. The records show Jack had a twin sister that died at birth and the other baby born that night was a girl to another couple.

After DNA test Faye found she was not related to the parents that took her home. Unknown to them, their baby had died and the nurse being the dead baby's grandmother had taken Jack's twin sister and made the switch. At 101 the old grandmother confessed on her death bed to Faye what she had done.

It wasn't that Faye didn't have wonderful parents, it was that she thought she was an only child and since her baby, husband, and fake parents had died, she had no family. She always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling and nieces and nephews.

Jack refused to hear any of it and took a stubborn stance refusing a DNA test. Staying at the ranch as a guest the girls noticed that "Auntie" Faye was just a female image of their stubborn grandpa. Many times Jack and Faye answered with the same words as twins have been known to do. Jack finally had a DNA test which confirmed Faye's claim.

I am on season 5 episode 15. Val just won the bid on the Hanley place and sold it to Lou. No spoilers, please. I have a lot more binge-watching to do. I was surprised it took 5 seasons to get a dog in the show.

Last edited:
It is frustrating to me that Canada gets to see each new season before we do in the USA. But since it is a Canadian company, I guess that is understandable. Now on FB they have all kinds of updates about Heartland. People can comment on those pages. Nope, I won't be a spoiler. That would take too long anyway!!!! 🤠 Lots of stories and sub-plots in that tv series.

I've been concerned when each season is over that there won't be another season. Per, who used to be on this forum lives not far from where they film Heartland. He's good about letting me know when they are filming up there. He says he has no complaints about them as neighbors.

Latest posts