• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heat Advisory

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Ya know a few days ago while we were sittin here waitin on rita, the weather channel forecast said we were gonna cool off, sunday highs in the 80s monday highs in the 70s. Just turned on the weather channel and they've got all of our area under an extreme heat advisory. :?
Any of ya'll up north wanna get windy, feel free and blow some of yer cooler temps down this way.
The 1/2 inch of rain we got from rita dried up almost immediately as we had a dry hot wind out of the west saturday afternoon and yesterday.

I"m so ready for winter. (Winter in east texas usually means rain and mud, but that's ok with me)

All we got out of these hurricanes was lil wind and hi temps was 101 yesterday,slowed my fence chores considerably,weather man sez 101 again today but cooler weather coming at the end of the week.Winter caint come too soon for me IM ready to slop thru some mud............good luck,Lilly

Weather man says 106 for us today

Thinkin when I haul water out to the heifers, I might just hafta take a dip in their water trough..........oops no wait I can't do that, the vet will be there also doin bangs vacs. lol

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Weather man says 106 for us today

Thinkin when I haul water out to the heifers, I might just hafta take a dip in their water trough..........oops no wait I can't do that, the vet will be there also doin bangs vacs. lol

Yup that just might take his mind of his reason for being there :D I sure wished I would have talked to rancher's dog before I made my winter plans,he has a dog that predicts weather, and I would bet a fat steer he does it a helluva lot better than some of these weather people,could have saved a lot of diesel and seed,Well I got chores in town today and too hot to get too serious so guess Ill get moving ,time Im finished, itll be time to stop by the sisterdale saloon,talk weather ,cattle who knows I might run into that canadian hussie again :wink: ......................good luck

And all those TX evacuees are driving back home in that 101 heat- to homes without a/c probably. That was hard to watch on tv this AM. :cry:

Thank Goodness we got power!!!! And yer right there are those that are goin home in this heat, I just hope the highways dont get stuck like they did leavin out. If they'll do it in the orderly fashion they were asked it should be ok i'd think. Houston didnt have much damage so the biggest majority of em should have power soon if not already. I know our local electric coop said they were goin to get us back up before they left the area to go help others. So hopefully that's how they've all planned to work. Not that the others dont deserve power too, but get the easy stuff out of the way first then deal with the biggest messes.

I got alot of things I need to do in town too, but with no fuel in any of the service stations them chores will hafta wait. I'm not gettin too far from home till I know I can fill back up.

Well daggumit, now my vet just called n said he wasn't gonna make it today, he was sick friday and thinks with this heat he might not be able to handle workin outside..........wuss (just kiddin) I know how bein sick and the heat can sap yer energy really quick.

Rescheduled for Thursday afternoon, i was just hopin to get these heifers bangs vac'd and git em turned out. Hate havin to feed em when I wouldnt hafta if they's on pasture.

Latest posts