• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heat Wave

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nice looking bull :) How did the cookies turn out, and did a pie appear?

40 plus here today, snow is getting mighty heavy. The blackbirds appeared yesterday,and the neighbor said she heard swans flying. Maybe the groundhog was wrong for Oregon.

40 Below Chill Factor here this morning....Them "hairy" cows would be good to have today.... :wink:

The more I see of those 'hairy' cattle in the feedlot, the more I like them! I think they'd make a nice cross on angus cows.

We went from -26C (-14F) plus a north wind yesterday and last night to 0C (32F) this morning. Quite a pleasant change!

DJL said:
We went from -26C (-14F) plus a north wind yesterday and last night to 0C (32F) this morning. Quite a pleasant change!

Send it down...Wind switched during the night from NW to ESE- temp got down to about 15 Below- and is now up to 6 Below-- but that wind is nasty (25-35mph) and its snowing and drifting...Windchill 35-40 Below

Weather boys say we can expect 6 inches of snow- but that the temp should start warming today- and up to near 30 tomorrow...

It can't get here fast enough- as last night I clipped off the winter growth on my face that I'd had since October (the cooties were starting to grow in it)--and I thought my face was going to freeze off this morning :shock: ...

Nicky said:
Nice looking bull :) How did the cookies turn out, and did a pie appear?

40 plus here today, snow is getting mighty heavy. The blackbirds appeared yesterday,and the neighbor said she heard swans flying. Maybe the groundhog was wrong for Oregon.

Still haven't gotten to the cookies yet, but I did make a mean pan of meatloaf Friday night. Cookies are going in the oven within minutes of this post. Too bad we can't transmit smells over this site!

DJL said:
The more I see of those 'hairy' cattle in the feedlot, the more I like them! I think they'd make a nice cross on angus cows.

Subtle reminder DJL, this guy sells February 23rd, as do 14 other Galloways and about 34 Welsh Blacks. They're all on the TEAM Auction website. "Practical Innovators Bull Sale".

Oldtimer said:
DJL said:

Send it down...Wind switched during the night from NW to ESE- temp got down to about 15 Below- and is now up to 6 Below-- but that wind is nasty (25-35mph) and its snowing and drifting...Windchill 35-40 Below

I hate to be greedy Oldtimer, but I'm enjoying this warmth too much to send it anywhere! Last week we did the -50's stuff and I remember it well! We were up to +7C (44.6F) this afternoon, and it was lovely!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts