• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heat Wave

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

There is hope in sight--Got down to 8 below last night- up to 5 below by 5AM- Now its up to 2 ABOVE, sunshine and clear sky, and NO WIND....Actually feeling nice out there this morning.....The tractor even fired over at the partners place so I didn't have to feed that bunch this morning.......

Dang I guess you would call what we are getting a summer storm.....went from 74 yesterday to ice and snow today bbrrrrrrrrrr

:) It's 9 above zero here today and the sun is shining hoping the new baby calves get a chance to warm up a bit. Was well below zero last night. Weatherman is saying this cold will break around Monday here just in time for the majority of this bunch of cows to be done calving. :?

was down to twenty below here last night but has now climbed up to four above Think I'll get the swimming trunks out and lay in the sun :D

Actually got up to 22 ABOVE-- weather boys missed it by about 15 degrees- but I don't mind when its warmer than they predict....

Beautiful day- Grandkids were out and played outside all afternoon- helped me cutting up some deer horns.....

Oldtimer said:
Actually got up to 22 ABOVE-- weather boys missed it by about 15 degrees- but I don't mind when its warmer than they predict....

Beautiful day- Grandkids were out and played outside all afternoon- helped me cutting up some deer horns.....

You are lucky. It only got up to about zero here today, and a stiff southwest breeze made it seem downright nippy around the edges. Already this evening, it is 10 degrees below zero. The heifers are calving right along, but we have turned responsibilities over to the night man until dawn. So far, we've only had to pull one out of about 55. (Bextor is a good bull to breed to heifers.) Glad the cows are holding off so far.

Liberty Belle said:
Oldtimer - what are you making with the deer horns? Lamps? Buttons? Hat racks?

Actually I'm playing with them for neckerchief ties...I always wear a neckerchief (wild rag) but with the arthritis in my hands sometimes have a tough time tying them and always untying them....They make braided rawhide buttons and fancy metal slides for them but want $20-50 - and I can't braid the buttons anymore...Was looking for something easy and cheap- so if you lose them you aren't out much...Came up with the deer horns...They are just the right size around- drill out easy...Cut them about 1/4-1/2 thick and drill out , sand down the corners, and put a little clear coat on them....Seem to work good...

Still just playing with them- but I think it would be easy to burn your brand or initials in too.....

Oldtimer said:

California Weather
80°+ a week ago friday - yesterday snow on the hills down to 1300' gone this AM back tonight

Latest posts